My first post

winken

Mar 27, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett 2500 fisher 1266x ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hay everybody, i've been checkin you guys out for a while from the side lines, thought i would finally post up. I was out today in the woods and ran into kermit and ( i want to say bob but it might be bill sorry i forget ) I have been detecting for at least ten years but always by myself, kinda a loner i guess. between the wife and work i don't get out as much as i would like but thats just the way it is. I will have to say i'm jealous of all the great finds you guys have been posting. Well maybe one of these times if you don't mind i could tag along with some of you guys,if i can get away. I did find a wheatie today 1934 a nickel and i think a five coin spill... one dime the rest pennys. It was nice meetin you guys today kermit sorry i forgot ( bill or bobs name ) later. ken

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to meet you and your always welcome to join it the hunt. :icon_pirat:

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet. . . AND to the "Illinois section" where you'll never have a dull moment :tongue3:

Happy hunting!

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Welcome to Tnet and the ILLinois section.

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
Hi Ken, and welcome to the group!

With 10 yrs experience you could probably give us guys some pointers.. have you been using the same MD all along?

John

B

BigDan

Welcome

I haven't been on the board long, but everyone seems very friendly and supportive. I think you'll like it here.

(I've just returned to detecting after a twenty some year absence. Basically a newbie again.)

BigDan

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Ken, I did the same thing, read like 9 pages on this Illinois site. Now you know why were the #1 state in the popular section.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey it was great seeing you out there again today, we both made some cool finds!!! :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
winken

winken

Mar 27, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett 2500 fisher 1266x ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for all the welcomes guys . You all have been posting some awesome finds.
seen kermit's video with the new SLQ that was a cool find. :notworthy: I had just dug my oldest coin about 100 yards away from him, 1905 V nickel. Didn't know what it was, it was dirty and i never found one before a. Kermit knew right away ( good eye ).Anyway my daughter has a digital camera hopefully she'll take a picture for me so i can post it. Hey litefire i do have a fisher 1266x don't use it much anymore though. Thanks again for the welcome Hope to see ya all out there :hello:

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Welcome to the forum, winken. I detected alone (or with my grandpa) for many years and never entertained the idea of hunting with buddies, until I met TreasureFiend, Goio and some others one day and I guess the rest is history. Feel free to tag along any time you want.

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread