Beacon Island 6/15

drdave5141

Greenie
May 30, 2010
Since the forum I normally post on is down for the count I thought I'd share a recent find here since many of the members there also view or post here. I was surprised to find this stemmed knife whole in a plowed field. Things this size don't normally survive the plow. I thought it was a turkey when I first pulled it out but the base is more beacon island. That seems to fit the age of other pieces I find in this field. Even more interesting was that instead of a dinged tip as I originally thought it is flaked to a bevel. The other 3 are other finds from that day.

As a side note, for those who were following the "Lottery Field" find from the other forum... The guy who gave me exclusive rights to the field... well.... he died yesterday. 58 years old. Just passed away from a heart attack while sitting in his recliner. Crying shame for his family who've been going through some tough times lately with the wife battling cancer. Where that leaves me regarding the field I have no idea but it seems like a small problem considering the big picture.

Thanks for looking and comments encouraged. Especially if you have any opinions on the knife being something other than a Beacon Island. It was found in central Kentucky.
(not being TNet savy the pics may not go on this first try but I'll get them up if they don't)

Attachments

• Photo06151853_1.jpg
    Photo06151853_1.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 320
  • Photo06151854.jpg
    Photo06151854.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 330
  • DSC02569.JPG
    DSC02569.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 319
  • DSC02574.JPG
    DSC02574.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 308
  • DSC02572.JPG
    DSC02572.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 322
Upvote 0
F

Felinepeachy

That is one gorgeous find! WOW :notworthy: I resized your pics for you, other than that they are great pics. The in situs are super.

:tongue3: fp

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread