All Treasure Hunting
Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our rules do not allow links to other treasure forums with group discussions.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
My friend showed me a website that helps solve the Beale ciphers and I am trying to learn how to use it. It looks really easy but i need to think of more words to use.

Has anyone else seen this? (Deleted by mod rule infraction)
maybe we can work together and figure it out!
LOL!

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
there is no forum on the other website. that is why i came here.

GH...You can discuss anything you want on Beale...Here. You just can't link other sites is all...Anywhere on Tnet.

Put out what ya got as far as decoding The Beale, just don't post the name or link of the site where you found it. Plenty of guys here that are very knowledgeable about Beale.

Good Luck,
Kace

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there is no forum on the other website. that is why i came here.

Your link had hot links on the bottom of the page for other beale sites that had forums. If the site allows people to post it is not allowed, if a blog has links to forums then blog is not allowed. If you post just a link to a blog that does not include links to other sites then it is allowed. If you want to repost the link that leads directly to the site and does not include multiple links to other sites that have a forum it is allowed.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"GH"... W/O going back to THAT web-site, what do YOU see so far...? IMHO, there is NOTHING to solve. Cypher/Ciphers are simply RUSES...

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they changed the link on the website to this one instead so i hope it is ok to post now. bealedecoder.com

He mentions the treasure is in a 20 square mile area, actually it is a little over 50 square miles or about 32,000 acres or football fields to search. About anyone that researched or searched for the Beale Treasure have already been to all of those sites and hundreds of other sites as well.

And for these 50 square miles you have to know for sure you are beginning at the right starting point. If you start at Buford's Tavern. At least where Paschal built the new brick building along US 460 then this would be correct. But what "IF" it started at the old Buford's Tavern up near Buford's Gap then you would have another 50 square miles to search. Then the Pamphlet only mentioned "Bufford's" it does not say "Bufford's WHAT" Bufford's Tavern, town of Bufford or Bufford's home, Fancy Farm north of Bedford City. A lot of different 50 square miles to search could led into the 100's of square miles to search..

Sorry Kace I used the wrong formula. I used 2pie R instead of pie R square. Makes a big difference.

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
He mentions the treasure is in a 20 square mile area, actually it is a little over 25 square miles or about 16,077 acres or football fields to search. About anyone that researched or searched for the Beale Treasure have already been to all of those sites and hundreds of other sites as well.

And for these 25 square miles you have to know for sure you are beginning at the right starting point. If you start at Buford's Tavern. At least where Paschal built the new brick building along US 460 then this would be correct. But what "IF" it started at the old Buford's Tavern up near Buford's Gap then you would have another 25 square miles to search. Then the Pamphlet only mentioned "Bufford's" it does not say "Bufford's WHAT" Bufford's Tavern, town of Bufford or Bufford's home, Fancy Farm north of Bedford City. A lot of different 25 square miles to search could led into the 100's of square miles to search..

I told GH2 there were knowledgeable Beale folks here! Hope he sees this!

Kace

OP
OP
G

goldhunter2

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i see there are knowledgeable people here, that is why i came. the 20 sq mile area has nothing to do with the decoder though.

look at the "about" section of the website and it describes how it works. About - Beale Decoder

here is the summary: You provide a list of about 150 words and the computer will find the "best fit" for as many words as possible.

this works great i just need to think of the right words to use. hoping someone can help.

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Our rules do not allow links to other treasure forums with group discussions.

Your link had hot links on the bottom of the page for other beale sites that had forums. If the site allows people to post it is not allowed, if a blog has links to forums then blog is not allowed. If you post just a link to a blog that does not include links to other sites then it is allowed. If you want to repost the link that leads directly to the site and does not include multiple links to other sites that have a forum it is allowed.

Jest checkin ta make sure I don't mess up, does that include blogs with hot links goin ta Fakebook Groups that function like a forum?

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
goldhunter2, i use to use this one, if i remember correctly you can
copy paste text to run against the code, not sure its updated
for new windows os.
the one you posted seems like a cryptogram type thing
Free text analysis software - 5.04 Mb zipped
Page 5

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi cw0909, you sure laid some good links on here. I have been using some of them for over a year now. Thank you. As for cipher analysis and solving the Beale Codes. Myself I believe the Beale Codes can never be solved and there never was a "KEY" Just break C2 like the author says he did and you will know why.

OP
OP
G

goldhunter2

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldhunter2, i use to use this one, if i remember correctly you can
copy paste text to run against the code, not sure its updated
for new windows os.
the one you posted seems like a cryptogram type thing
Free text analysis software - 5.04 Mb zipped
Page 5

that software looks useful but the website is different. it does not use a key. you enter some words you expect in the solution and it tries to fit them in the cipher.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These type of programs have been around for a long time. In fact, many have been written over the years. One such program was written to apply all of the basic language rules, the program then determining how/where these various arrangements could be located within the cipher. In the end, however, the program determined that proper language couldn't fit into the cipher anywhere, thus concluding that no clear text could ever be produced without making changes to the cipher codes.

PS: This only applied to C1 since names can often disregard basic language rules. Here too, if names, abbreviations, etc., exist in C1 then this same issue would also arise.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One other thing to keep in mind. There are 19 four digit codes in C1, and if these codes represent entire words, as was common practice in the period, then this creates an entirely new problem. Basically what took place here is this, both the coder and the decoder carried the same list of four digit codes and their assigned words, this adding an additional layer of protection within the cipher should it fall into enemy hands. Per example, this method was even employed during the Civil War and it was also employed even in civilian letters due to a lack of trust in the mail system. Add to this that these four digit codes could even be used in conjunction with simple substitution coding, so say the word "hardwood" could actually exist in the C1 sequence of [FONT=Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Times]139, 213, 63, 90, 1120, the first four codes representing the letters H,A,R,D, and the code 1120 representing the word "wood." So unless some prior knowledge is known about the cipher construction, or a good portion of it's actual language, the problem is quite hopeless, if in fact it contains any actual message at all? [/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Times] [/FONT]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread