Beale Poll....Fact or Fiction?

I believe the Beale codes and story is.......

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Fiction based on facts contained in Edward Fitzgerald Beale's journals,published as "THE BEALE PAPERS" in 1850.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All these claims and "zero" confirmation connecting any of it directly to the pamphlet. There's what's missing fellas, no direct connection of any kind that we can confirm. Time to go back to square one, clear out all the garbage, and start looking for some new roads to travel. :icon_thumleft:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
All these claims and "zero" confirmation connecting any of it directly to the pamphlet. There's what's missing fellas, no direct connection of any kind that we can confirm. Time to go back to square one, clear out all the garbage, and start looking for some new roads to travel. :icon_thumleft:

YOU start it, then...

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Personally, I'm going back the begining, to the copyright and actual printing of the pamphlet. Looking into other roads yet traveled.
Comparing Ward's pamphlet "THE BEALE PAPERS" with the 1850 journal of E F Beale,"THE BEALE PAPERS" would also be a good start.I only posted the most obvious parallels.
Also,who had the copy of E F Beale's journal that insired Ward's pamphlet?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Comparing Ward's pamphlet "THE BEALE PAPERS" with the 1850 journal of E F Beale,"THE BEALE PAPERS" would also be a good start.I only posted the most obvious parallels.
Also,who had the copy of E F Beale's journal that insired Ward's pamphlet?

"On-line"...?

angeleyes1212

Tenderfoot
Apr 7, 2013
Going to check a spot tomorrow.. what's an inexpensive way to detect large amounts of metal... Besides a metal detector.. :)

angeleyes1212

Tenderfoot
Apr 7, 2013
Don't think the treasure is 6 ft down... Just the hole is 6 ft deep... Thinking I Shud hit the top layer of rock within 2 to 3 feet.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't think the treasure is 6 ft down... Just the hole is 6 ft deep... Thinking I Shud hit the top layer of rock within 2 to 3 feet.

Good luck, but I wouldn't get my hopes up and I wouldn't invest too much time in an actual hunt for something that isn't even known to exist. Either way, there is no such thing as deep "cheap" treasure hunting machine. A 2box would be your best, cheapest bet.

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Just a wandering thought. Reading all the threads, does it, umm, have anyone else questioning how so many "characters" are supposedly involved and so many ways that the "items" might have found their way to an unknown spot, seem a little off?

It's like his uncle's aunt's second cousin's grand father twice removed, knew a friend of a friend who was involved.
And just thinking about it, with that many folks involved and someone didn't leave more clues/locations other then in a pamphlet or some papers?
Not one had a little to much rum one night and spilled the beans? Or a little bedroom bragging with the local wench?
Or snuck back and got themselves a taste or two or three of it?

And the transportation of such? Not one newspaper article or wash line gossip about a strange group of travelers with how many covered up wagons making their way through town. Or a riverboat or ship receiving a covered load that surely would have had guards? Those old papers published stuff like someone's dog chasing a cow, yet there isn't a single story of such a group passing through town?

Not saying it isn't true, but I'm beginning to think bigscoop might be on the right track. Other then the Vikings, unless I missed that one, it seems like just about everyone else was involved, except the folks now looking for it.

Course though I'm just a straw brained scarecrow.:icon_scratch:
Okay, back to my other post. Dang crows!

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a wandering thought. Reading all the threads, does it, umm, have anyone else questioning how so many "characters" are supposedly involved and so many ways that the "items" might have found their way to an unknown spot, seem a little off?

It's like his uncle's aunt's second cousin's grand father twice removed, knew a friend of a friend who was involved.
And just thinking about it, with that many folks involved and someone didn't leave more clues/locations other then in a pamphlet or some papers?
Not one had a little to much rum one night and spilled the beans? Or a little bedroom bragging with the local wench?

And the transportation of such? Not one newspaper article or wash line gossip about a strange group of travelers with how many covered up wagons making their way through town. Or a riverboat or ship receiving a covered load that surely would have had guards? Those old papers published stuff like someone's dog chasing a cow, yet there isn't a single story of such a group passing through town?

Not saying it isn't true, but I'm beginning to think bigscoop might be on the right track. Other then the Vikings, unless I missed that one, it seems like just about everyone else was involved, except the folks now looking for it.

Yep, all of the things you mention leaves a pretty impossible scenario no matter which "real treasure" theory you choose to embrace.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

HA! Crows are Birds of WARNING...

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Don't I know. They're also some pesky things sometimes.
But like you said I've had more then one time that they let me know someone or something was coming, long before I could spot em.
Got some nice venison that way.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Don't I know. They're also some pesky things sometimes.
But like you said I've had more then one time that they let me know someone or something was coming, long before I could spot em.
Got some nice venison that way.

LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions