Beale Poll....Fact or Fiction?

I believe the Beale codes and story is.......

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This past summer I was prospecting in a semi-public well known creek. A man was working a little ways away and we started talking. Soon the conversation drifted into treasure hunting around our area. He had been searching for a buried Cannon full of gold. A well known story around here. Then he asked if I was interested in joining him into a hunt he'd heard about? Sure, I responded. He asked if I'd ever heard of the Beale Papers? I tried my best to put my number two shovel upside his head but he was too quick. Soon I calmed down and we went back to prospecting. Beale Papers, indeed. Sure I've got a spare weekend.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MEANWHILE, as the world turns...

Turns, or spins? Is one the correct answer, or are both the correct word? I've often heard that things can "spin out of control" but never heard "things can turn out of control".....only that they can, "take a turn for the worse". Turning would thus imply that the world is always in the motion of making a turn, yet spinning would indicate that the world is simply spinning. I'm so confused, but I'm now wondering if this same type confusion might be why the once popular Daytime Soap Drama series of the same phrase was finally cancelled. :dontknow:

PS: Why yes, I am bored to death, how could you tell? :laughing7:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Turns, or spins? Is one the correct answer, or are both the correct word? I've often heard that things can "spin out of control" but never heard "things can turn out of control".....only that they can, "take a turn for the worse". Turning would thus imply that the world is always in the motion of making a turn, yet spinning would indicate that the world is simply spinning. I'm so confused, but I'm now wondering if this same type confusion might be why the once popular Daytime Soap Drama series of the same phrase was finally cancelled. :dontknow:

LOL! It WAS taken from that "Drama Queen/King" Soap Opera; and it is the YOUNG & RESTLESS ppl who still "get into" the saga of interest, as shown by the poll, YOU created. BORED? How could you be? Are YOU ready for a NEW ENTERPRISE?

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LOL! It WAS taken from that "Drama Queen/King" Soap Opera; and it is the YOUNG & RESTLESS ppl who still "get into" the saga of interest, as shown by the poll, YOU created. BORED? How could you be? Are YOU ready for a NEW ENTERPRISE?

YES! A new enterprise! Sounds good........got any ideas?

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YEP! For Bedford County, VIRGINIA. BUS TOURS of "prior" THers "sites" of interest... finding NOTHING!
Montvale, Peaks of Otter, Upper Goose Creek Valley, Taylor Mountain, Blue Ridge Parkway, etc, etc.
PROBLEM is... YOU are there in Florida; I am here in Lynchburg, VIRGINIA. e-Enterprise? HA! :laughing7:

I was thinking more along the lines of building myself a pirate ship. Tiki bar in the bow. :laughing7:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread