beautiful day, creek, clouds, arrowhead

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Well, a friend of mine named Joey gave me a call this morning and said, "Let's go look for arrowheads..." and the day began. We got to the field and it was still covered with recently mowed cotton. You could still see the dirt in places, the day was so nice, and we wanted to hunt pretty badly, so we walked. And we walked. And we walked some more. We heard water rushing at the edge of the woods, so we walked into the woods and watched the little creek flowing fast with all the recent rainwater. I could live next to that stream... so peaceful... but I remember the mosquitoes there in the summer. I spent so much time looking at the ground that I didn't notice the sky until Joey mentioned it. It looks like the clouds were planted in rows just like the field. We found a couple of old house sites as evidenced by the bits of broken glass and brick in the dirt, but a little scanning with the detector yielded nothing but junk. I did happen across one nice little bolen bevel point while we were out. The only point for the day. It's from the late paleo/early archaic period around 8000 to 12000 years ago. Pretty cool to be the first person to touch it since the hunter who lost it 8000 years before. I also found an old cole planter rusting away in the woods. I didn't think to photograph it, but I may go pull it out and bring it home to put in the flower bed. Anyway, it was a nice day even though we didn't find much. I can't wait until they plow it...it's an awesome field when conditions are right.

Here are the pics:

Attachments

• IMG_1335a.jpg
    IMG_1335a.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 620
  • IMG_1336a.jpg
    IMG_1336a.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 610
  • IMG_1337a.jpg
    IMG_1337a.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 612
  • IMG_1341a.jpg
    IMG_1341a.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 617
Upvote 0
S

seger98

Nice story & find. I get the same feeling when I find a piece of copper artifact from the Old Copper Culture. Keep looking around that site.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful find, Cheese! And the pics are GREAT too! 8)

Nana :)

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good picts and story :icon_thumleft: I forgot what green looks like.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That area looks familiar to me. :laughing9: So many times to the relative's house (you know who I'm talking about). Love the arrowhead.

:wink: RR

OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Thanks for the comments. RR... yeah, I know who you mean. It's not their property in this pic. I haven't been on their place in a long time. Look at you with the mod status! Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread