Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today Bubba and I hunted an area in the woods where I've found a lot of my CW relics over the last couple of years.
Deer season is finally over, so it was safe to hit the woods again. Just in case though, I had Bubba wear a brown shirt & a pair of antlers. :laughing9:
I can see why the CW troops would have chosen this property to camp. It has lots of beautiful streams, plenty of large old trees, large rock outcroppings, and many high spots that you can see a long way away from.

We weren't at it long and I dug a nice 1800's flower button. It has a "B & B - Extra" back mark (Benedict & Burnham - Circa 1834-1843).
I was working my way through small saplings most of the day and it paid off. After the button, I found some lead pieces, two musket balls, and an Enfield with a "57" base that I was able to capture on film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srQENpR6fwY

I also dug the diamond shaped piece with the three holes in it. It came out of the same hole as one of the musket balls.
Any idea what it may be????

Also pictured is a rare glimpse of Bubba digging another piece of camp lead. He also found a small 1800's brass buckle, and an iron spike. No potted meat cans for Bubba today, which I know broke his poor little heart. :'( :-*

I had a great time today. There is a lot more out there to be found I'm sure. :icon_thumleft:
Thanks for looking,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-014S.JPG
    MVC-014S.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 988
  • MVC-015S.JPG
    MVC-015S.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 987
  • MVC-016S.JPG
    MVC-016S.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 982
  • MVC-017S.JPG
    MVC-017S.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 991
  • Bubba.JPG
    Bubba.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 970
  • Flower button.JPG
    Flower button.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 975
  • MVC-022S.JPG
    MVC-022S.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 978
  • MVC-019S.JPG
    MVC-019S.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 979
  • MVC-018S.JPG
    MVC-018S.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 996
  • Dinosaur footprint.JPG
    Dinosaur footprint.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 979
  • Woodland stream.JPG
    Woodland stream.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 972
Upvote 0
S

seger98

Nice finds MM. really like that old button.

Now I see why you don't hunt deer, you are color blind. not a brown shirt at all, looks gray. Also like most of my deer hunting, I also didn't see any antlers :tongue3:

Chris

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seger98 said:
Nice finds MM. really like that old button.

Now I see why you don't hunt deer, you are color blind. not a brown shirt at all, looks gray. Also like most of my deer hunting, I also didn't see any antlers :tongue3:

Chris

You're killing me Chris, you're killing me! :tongue3: Maybe it's brown shorts he was wearing? :icon_scratch:
Now get outside and go catch some musky,
Doug

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Where did you get that haircut? I would sue that barber. Also, please do not wear that color orange as the University of Tennessee-Knoxville has enough problems lately.
I just had a good feeling about your hunt today and you guys did Great. Nice button and the "57" base marked Enfield is a super find. I have only found 2 of them with a "57" base mark. The diamond piece looks like a decorative piece for something. WTG and wear that place out!!!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrat's on the .57 there Doug and the flower button is way cool.Alway's enjoy the vid's....keep em' comin' :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VOL1266-X said:
Where did you get that haircut? I would sue that barber. Also, please do not wear that color orange as the University of Tennessee-Knoxville has enough problems lately.
I just had a good feeling about your hunt today and you guys did Great. Nice button and the "57" base marked Enfield is a super find. I have only found 2 of them with a "57" base mark. The diamond piece looks like a decorative piece for something. WTG and wear that place out!!!

O.K., I guess I deserved that payback. ;D :icon_thumleft: The haircut was done by one of those Flowbee deals. The orange shirt I stole from one of those jailbirds picking up trash on the side of the road. It used to be a jumpsuit, but I cut it in half. By the way, the guy I got it from WAS from Tenn. :laughing9:

Q- I was very happy to dig those relics today all in a small area. The 57 Enfield really made my day. :headbang:
-Doug-

Attachments

• flowbee.jpg
    flowbee.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 907

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice looking button and lead :icon_thumright:

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
MM, nice finds for our neck of the woods. Ahhh, I think deer season is over isn't it? If not, just drive down US 1 at dusk dark with bright lights. :laughing7:Breezie

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Nice finds. Congrats on the Enfield bullet. I did not have to carry Q's equipment but I did have to listen to him whine about the weather. Why don't you adopt him and take him to NC.
Dman
Dman
Dman

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That wasn't a spot of pink polish I noticed on the video, now was it? :icon_scratch: :D ;D Jes kiddin'. I know you wouldn't do such.....not on a Saturday anyhow. :wink:

Hey! Always love to see the videos! You had a SUPER hunt!! Looks like a fine place to spend an afternoon!

Nana :wink:

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
I see no signs of any white stuff on the ground :o You lucky dog ya....I will send ya a self addressed stamped envelope so that you can send me back some warmth and sun :icon_sunny: Thanks buddy......BTW nice digs and video as well......jgas

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Benedict & Burnham are very nice buttons made here in CT. Nice video, I would love like to dig a CW bullet some day.

Hutch911

May 19, 2008
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds Love them Enfields!

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Breezie said:
MM, nice finds for our neck of the woods. Ahhh, I think deer season is over isn't it? If not, just drive down US 1 at dusk dark with bright lights. :laughing7:Breezie

Breezie,
Yep, deer season ended Jan. 1st, but you never know when you'll run into some yahoo that doesn't own a calendar. :tongue3: :laughing9:
Have a good one,
MM

Dman said:
Nice finds. Congrats on the Enfield bullet. I did not have to carry Q's equipment but I did have to listen to him whine about the weather. Why don't you adopt him and take him to NC.
Dman
Dman
Dman

Thanks Dman. No way I'm adopting Q. If he were in NC, I would have some stiff competition, and besides, could you imaging how much jaw jacking I would have to put up with if HE found the other half to my NC buckle. :laughing9: ::)
-Doug-

Nana40 said:
That wasn't a spot of pink polish I noticed on the video, now was it? :icon_scratch: :D ;D Jes kiddin'. I know you wouldn't do such.....not on a Saturday anyhow. :wink:
Hey! Always love to see the videos! You had a SUPER hunt!! Looks like a fine place to spend an afternoon!
Nana :wink:

Nana,
You have a sharp eye girl. It was nail polish, but my wife will never find out. I refilled the bottle with some Pepto. Shhhhhhh. ;D :wink:
Thanks,
Doug

jgas said:
I see no signs of any white stuff on the ground :o You lucky dog ya....I will send ya a self addressed stamped envelope so that you can send me back some warmth and sun :icon_sunny: Thanks buddy......BTW nice digs and video as well......jgas

Jgas,
The funny thing about that white stuff is it doesn't happen in 50 degree sunny weather. :icon_sunny: :laughing9:
Mid 60's today! :icon_thumleft:
Thanks buddy,
Doug

rtde3 said:
Nice Hunt Guys!
Cool button! :thumbsup:

Thanks Rob. I like to get Bubba out of the senior center at least once a month. As long as he can still change his Depends he can hunt with me. :o :tongue3: :laughing9:
Thanks again for the great gifts Rob!!! :thumbsup:
-Doug-

Spooky said:
I have seen one of those triangular thingies before.

I think they are some kinda horse tack related object.

The two I founds had rivets in the holes.....

Thanks Spooky. :thumbsup:
-MM-

Sniffy said:
Benedict & Burnham are very nice buttons made here in CT. Nice video, I would love like to dig a CW bullet some day.

Sniffy,
You are right. They made some quality buttons back then. I have others and they are very sturdy pieces.
-MM-

THANKS EVERYBODY!!!

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
You all had a pretty good day. I've dug auite a few of those brass things and have no idea what they were. We figured they might be lockcovers to carpet bags or something like that. By the way that type of button is called a golden age button. They made that type in the 1820's and 30's As you said it has the B&B backmark that would put it in the 30's

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE
Excellent finds Doug!!! Let's get out and do some relic hunting. I will post my finds from this weekend, check em out! :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread