Beautiful Eagle Breast Plate (my first)

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
I was able to get out for the first time in a long time this past weekend. I haven't been out really since spring as the mosquitos and heat and crops kept my detector in the closet.

So after reading some T-net and getting the bug going I headed out to one of my favorite sites which usually produces a relic or two on each outing. I took a buddy here last year and we were both blessed to find shoulder scales.

After spending the day on a spot that has been hot (found the NY cuff button here) I moved to a site close to where we found the shoulder scaless but I knew was trashy. Finally I was able to dig a coin older than 1950 at this site which has been shocking to me. (1891 Indian Head cent not pictured).

As I was headed toward the car I went through a spot that is really bad and I usually on dig a target or two before giving up (tons of mason jar lids here). I got a decent signal but didn't have much hope for anything good. Dug down about 8 inches but still no target. At this point the angel on my shoulder whispered "maybe you better dig with your hands (soft soil here) as I was reaching for my shovel to "dig out the trash"

Scooping down about three more inches and this beauty pops out of long hiding place as the sunlight faded into dusk.

Happy dance all the way back to the truck!

Attachments

• IMG_1699.JPG
    IMG_1699.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 260
Upvote 12
OP
OP
BobinSouthVA

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
Thanks for the kind replies everyone.

I was able to get back out today for a quick lunch hunt, dug 8 zlincolns, 2 pull tabs, a file, and a 1947 roosie.
Ah the challenges of digging through 250 years of history :laughing9:

okerraine

Mar 24, 2009
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
XP Deus Teknetics T2 Minelab equinox 800 CTX Firty Firty
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on a significant find!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

70monte68

Aug 8, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T2 SE
TEKNETICS T2 SE (back up)
MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT
Awesome relics, display them proudly!