Bedrock creek bed detecting

whistler84

Jun 9, 2015
BEAN FIELD ,IL
Detector(s) used
Whites MX-7 / Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So i have a decent sized creekbed down the road, situated next to an old campsite. Next to the site, in the creek is a 13' wide x 4-5' deep hole. I havnt made an entry into yet. Im debating it it is worth the while. I have traveled 200' down stream and only managed a 74 penny and ALOT of bullet lead. Im going to try and melt it all down for my stock.

Upvote 0

Prairie Prowler

May 7, 2006
Midwest ILL
Detector(s) used
Fisher1266-/ CZ-20 / Sovereign XS/Excalibur II / Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the losses will be sitting right on the top of the bedrock ..most likely any old acessible site will hold something ..are you in the US?..civil war area would be a plus ...Good luck..

OP
OP
whistler84

whistler84

Jun 9, 2015
BEAN FIELD ,IL
Detector(s) used
Whites MX-7 / Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deep southernmost illinois actually

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
look up some of Aquachigger"s river vids on utube for tips and inspiration

Last edited:

BlackbeardsGhost

Jun 7, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've started hunting creekbeds quite a bit, even if you pull lead it still makes it fun and sometime you can date the weights to old or modern. Chances are you'll find some weights, lots of bullets, and with some luck coins. Coins will slide into little cracks. I've pulled whole handfuls of lead, the coins are a little harder to find but rest assured if there was an old campsite, someone went swimming to cool off. Good Luck!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Where there is water and people there is going to be some summer time water fun. Good Luck..:headbang:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not far from me there is a long stretch of shallow flat bedrock in the river. At just about the midway point in this stretch there is a wide crevice that across the bedrock, maybe 20-30 feet wide and about 2-3 foot deep, a scattering of large boulders just above. This is where all the canoers & kayakers pause to play in the water, the crevice full of river stone and gravel about a foot or two deep. This place is loaded with targets, both new and old, lots of lead and a real pain to dig in, but usually worth the effort. Not been there in years. Might be time to go back this year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread