cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So I called glen not know that the bullet in wood was modern and told I may have found another picket so over he came and within 15 min got a call from glen saying he had just found two burnsides with some of the shell still on them, we hung up the phone and thats when it happened. Got an overload signal at 81 VDI, cut the plug with the shovel then I heard a TING I had just hit what ever it was, when I rolled the top soil back there laid 2 puppy paws and a hook, I knew what it was, didnt even look to see if it was US or CS just grabbed it jumped up and ran to glen, when I got to him we looked it over and indeed I hit it on the back of the lead and put a nice crease bend in the plate if that had not happened it would have been perfect, my first whole "complete" buckle.

Called my buddy Dennis (that couldnt come out and hunt by the way) to tell him what I found, about 20 min later he shows up, I knew he couldnt stand it :lol!: Right where we all meet, and talked he started swinging and found 4 or 5 more burnsides, and about 8 or 9 dragoons.

Great day for everyone and cant wait to do it again.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread