Been away for a while

mr.theman

Aug 29, 2006
McAlester, OK
It's been a while since I have been on here or since I have gotten to swing a coil. A back injury forced me to give up my Garrett long ago and life has had a habit of getting in the way whenever I start thinking about getting a new machine. Fortunately I am in a position now where I can finally get a new machine and get back to digging holes. :hello2:

Borrowed my Dad's IDX Pro last weekend while trying to decide what machine I want (think I have decided on a Minelab Safari). Hit an old field that has an outlaw story attached to it just to see if I could find anything interesting. I managed to find an old homestead that I didn't know was there. My grandparents moved onto this ranch in the mid 60's and my grandmother tells me that the house that was at this location was gone when they got here.

Didn't find any gold or silver but did manage to dig up some interesting iron. Also I got tired of bending every trowel I have ever touched so I built myself a digging tool with pieces out of the scrap pile. It's a little rusty now from riding around in the back of my truck all week but this thing is bullet proof.

HH
Mr.T

Attachments

• 100_2939.JPG
    100_2939.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 89
  • 100_2945.JPG
    100_2945.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 83
Upvote 1

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome back to MD,, i recognize the iron , horse shoes and chain , but the other thing is it a locking reciver of some type , like a rail for a bed or wagon maybe ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread