seekandfind

Jul 7, 2012
northwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 101/505
ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
spent three hours in the worlds biggest and appearently cleanest volleyball court., granted I am using a bounty hunter tracker 1-d/505 but i was hoping to do better. Yesterday it rained here in indiana and I read the silver hits harder after a rain so Im up and running, got there early 7 am all mine. First I check the picnic table and while im at it a guy walks by on the walk and picks up a quarter not five feet from me(nothin under table) then later after scouring a good portion of 1/2 of three courts I look down and theres a qtr,dime,2 pnes right on top of ground again three feet from where I started my day. oooyvayyy!!! Had to dig one penny up so i do not think it was planted there, just overlooked it and missed, I was pretty locked into my grid today was first time i did the whole three courts. Anyway im doing my thing and nothing,nothing,nothing not even trashy digs. Thought batteries but upon throwing out a coin it beeped then i found another cent about 4inches down. Long story short it was a long tuff day, thought the rain would have helped(not). Went to the tot lot next had to reasure myself it wasnt the detector or me, got my fix of coins and junk so it must be one of those days. If anyone has any suggestions i would be open to them and yes i did adjust the discriminator periodically and yes I hope to upgrade to a better machine soon(and dirtier vball courts)lol. Thanks for reading and yall have happy hunting!!

Upvote 0

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
seekandfind said:
spent three hours in the worlds biggest and appearently cleanest volleyball court., granted I am using a bounty hunter tracker 1-d/505 but i was hoping to do better. Yesterday it rained here in indiana and I read the silver hits harder after a rain so Im up and running, got there early 7 am all mine. First I check the picnic table and while im at it a guy walks by on the walk and picks up a quarter not five feet from me(nothin under table) then later after scouring a good portion of 1/2 of three courts I look down and theres a qtr,dime,2 pnes right on top of ground again three feet from where I started my day. oooyvayyy!!! Had to dig one penny up so i do not think it was planted there, just overlooked it and missed, I was pretty locked into my grid today was first time i did the whole three courts. Anyway im doing my thing and nothing,nothing,nothing not even trashy digs. Thought batteries but upon throwing out a coin it beeped then i found another cent about 4inches down. Long story short it was a long tuff day, thought the rain would have helped(not). Went to the tot lot next had to reasure myself it wasnt the detector or me, got my fix of coins and junk so it must be one of those days. If anyone has any suggestions i would be open to them and yes i did adjust the discriminator periodically and yes I hope to upgrade to a better machine soon(and dirtier vball courts)lol. Thanks for reading and yall have happy hunting!!

LOL if it ain't there there isn't any help to give you.

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
Just have to keep after it... Those same courts could be loaded in a week or two. Just happens that way in this hobby.

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just not "that easy". If it was, you know the old saying. Every one would do it! Just keep at it and you will find those good pieces.

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Someone may have beat you to it. Seems like you would have come across a bottle cap or pop top. At least the person before you took away their trash.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread