Beer bottle fromThe Gottlieb Bauernschmidt Strauss Brewing Co

Apr 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. My name is Debbie Shives. I live on Elliott Island on the Eastern Shore of Md. I am from Baltimore, Md. My husband and I were walking the beach here looking for Indian arrowheads and other artifacts when we found a bottle which was embossed with the name The Gottlieb Bauernschmidt Strauss brewing Co Baltimore, Md. The top of the bottle is broken off, but the name of the company is intact. My maiden name is Reis and my great grandmother's maiden name was Strauss. I'd never heard of this company until now when I looked up the name after finding the bottle. I'm wondering if there is value to the bottle. I would also like to be able to find out if my great grandmother was related to the Strauss in this company. If anyone has any information, please let me know. My email address is [email protected].

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you could post a picture or two, it might help. Offhand, I'd say it's not worth anything as far as selling it goes, but sounds like it has family value to you. I'd hang onto it until I could maybe find a whole one.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
No value for a broken one, pretty common and worth $1-5 if perfect

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions