Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Everyone,

Here are some things I've been finding lately. I found a new dump cascading into the creek and it's been pretty decent so far. I have found some post-bottom mould bases and applied lips so hopefully I get some more of that, but for now I've got a few little goodies, and some things I just kept for colour or other reasons.

First Pic

The little brass makeup compact is cool. The blown flask is my first square shape. The little blown catarrh med is nice. The graduated egg beater/mixing jar is neat, patented 1915, I just put a regular ol' lid and band on there.

Second Pic

My first small mustard/preserve crock! I have a large one that's fractured all over but this one is perfect. A nice little igloo perfume, ground lip. A 'The Ideal' fruit jar! Blown, ground lip. It's scratched up, but this is the oldest jar I've dug by about 40 years. An old little thimble. 'Nother marble. A nice old drinking glass. And then a little ground lip milk glass bottle of some sort.

Ugh, I've got some messed up blistering rash on my wrists since digging this new dump. I wear gloves and everything but they were wet and muddy when I was wearin' 'em. I also had to clear some thorns, got pricked a few times, so I'm hoping it's just an allergic reaction. Went to the doctor, and I'm trying a cream that's not helping much. I'm anxious about it, I don't mind not digging for a while but I don't wanna lose my hands...Haha, I'll be fine. The weather's not too great here now anyway so we'll ride it out!

DSCF6219.JPG DSCF6240.JPG

Last edited:

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I like the crock and the jar. Does the compact open?

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bottles, good clean up too :icon_thumright:

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You seem to have a top for everything. Impressive. Looks like a fun spot. Sounds like poison ivy too.

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm battling poison ivy right now too, bad on both arms but I don't mind if it means some nice bottles and a fun time digging.

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks dudes!

Yeah Bass it still opens and closes with a nice snap! Here is a detail of the front and back. Shoot, somehow I forgot the inside when I took these, I'll get back to you on that.

Goldenplug, the pill bottle cap in the first pic is original, as is the perfume top in the second, but the corks I add, and I always keep lids that aren't too rusted because you never know, they might fit something you have at home! I think I've mentioned before that I can't stand displaying screw tops without lids. Cork tops without corks are usually okay, but yeah, I don't know, something about a screw top without a cap looks so unfinished to me.

bottlehunterofcoscob, that sucks man! The thing is, there are no leaves on the trees or too many wild plants out yet, so I'm confused about where I could have gotten it. It'll be okay though, I'll dig again soon!

DSCF6226.JPG DSCF6227.JPG DSCF6298.JPG

Last edited:

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't see any plants either recently but poison ivy is quite evil because I think it can take multiple forms, being a plant or vine etc. I think often some root touches my arms while I'm digging and whether it's poison ivy or something else I don't know, I get a reaction like it is. Anyway nice finds and I hope you can get back out there for more!

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, really? Yeah, I guess the super tiny young shoots or even the roots could totally contain the juice. I think I'll try out some long rubber kitchen gloves under my work gloves next time I'm in this spot. Thanks for the info!

Yeah man, I just Googled poison ivy burns and I'm confident that that's what I'm experiencing. I feel very relieved to at least know what it is. Thanks bottlehunterofcoscob, I would have never even considered it! Despite all the time I've spent outdoors in my life I've never got hit with poison ivy before.

Last edited:

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, really? Yeah, I guess the super tiny young shoots or even the roots could totally contain the juice. I think I'll try out some long rubber kitchen gloves under my work gloves next time I'm in this spot. Thanks for the info!

Yeah man, I just Googled poison ivy burns and I'm confident that that's what I'm experiencing. I feel very relieved to at least know what it is. Thanks bottlehunterofcoscob, I would have never even considered it! Despite all the time I've spent outdoors in my life I've never got hit with poison ivy before.

It sucks but that's just part of the game sometimes! And don't give me all the credit, Goldenplug thought of it first haha!

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoops, that's true, thanks Goldenplug!

cje

Apr 7, 2009
clinton ma
Detector(s) used
minelab sovereign xs
Poison ivy roots are just as bad as the leaves. Looks like a promising site. One of the dumps I dig is full of poison ivy. Gloves, long sweat shirt, and I tape the end of my sleeves to my gloves. Works pretty good.

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks RelicDude, the atomizer had a decomposing black plastic straw that kind of crumbled when I went to clean it, and unfortunately it was missing the little bag thing on top, but hey, it still displays nicely like this.

cje, I'll be sure to try out some different methods. The tape sounds like a really good idea, keeps your wrists from peeking out while you're reaching and extending. Thanks for the tip!

I'm feeling really optimistic about this site! The thing that strikes me about it is that I don't think anything there was broken intentionally - by the people who moved the trash there, by hunters taking target practice, or by some mischievous youths. I think that the crock and jars and larger items are good evidence of that. So, if I eventually get into some even better stuff, hopefully there'll be as high a survival rate as there has been thus far. For now, finding some early 1900s stuff and some colourful later stuff and some marbles and spoons and little trinkets is enough to satisfy.

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple more from the same spot yesterday. A nice smokey green pint milk, c1920 Owens ABM. And a nice big ornate United Distillers Limited flask, 1930s.

Goin' back out today, wish me luck!

DSCF6316.JPG DSCF6321.JPG

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like the crock and the green pint and surprised you have a top for all. Seems a dump from the turn of the century through the 1920s. Dig a test trench, you may find older stuff underneath. Good luck, dumps are fun and check for marbles (I see u found one) and old coins too. HH!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
We have found lots of old jars/bottles over the years, but mostly without lids. Consider yourself lucky!

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! Earlier in the thread I mentioned how not all of the tops are original. I always keep lids that aren't rusted in case they fit something else! I don't like not having a cap for a screw top.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
you keep on delivering, i like the mix of things you find

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another beautiful art deco flask! A Hiram Walker & Sons whiskey. I've always wanted to dig one of these. I've found pieces once or twice before, but these break quite easily because the concave shape on one side creates a weak point (this was to allow the bottle to fit against your body). I love that colour and those gates, so beautiful. I get some kind of sweet golden honey afterlife vibe from it. I love that.

DSCF6343.JPG DSCF6347.JPG

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And then this strange insulator thing. It's still got some old hard rubber/plastic inside the threads. It's almost 2 inches in diameter, and it's glass. Anyone know what this thing is?

DSCF6377.JPG DSCF6381.JPG

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread