djackson7348

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't drink too much beer anymore. I'll buy a six-pack. Something different each time. Usually no more than $10.00. Seems high, until I consider the last time I bought a bottled beer in a bar two years ago, it cost me $7.00. For a Yuengling.
Don't forget Old Vienna (OV) splits. I think were 7 ounces.

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Schmidt's of Philadelphia was a beer in my area that closed in 1987. The cans I have are the Bicentennial cans from 1976.

Attachments

• IMG_1910.jpeg
    IMG_1910.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I almost forgot...Utica Club.
Still being made. FX Matt in Utica - great brewery tour.

My older brother got the family heirloom Schultz & Dooley steins . . . * sigh. *.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Surprised no one has mentioned "Olde Frothingslosh - the beer with the foam on the bottom."

oldefrothingslosh.jpg

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stag beer. And from experience it's a good deal some of those beers left us.

djackson7348

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still being made. FX Matt in Utica - great brewery tour.

My older brother got the family heirloom Schultz & Dooley steins . . . * sigh. *.
I didn't know Matt's kept that line. I remember the commercials with Shultz and Dooley way, way back when I was a kid.

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
I liked me some Red White and Blue beer back in the 80s. Tasted like water but kicked like a mule. Smooth it was ice cold.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bunch of us dummies in high school bought some Robin Hood Cream Ale and took it camping. Nasty stuff but it was all we had. Potent too!
I recall a bunch of us young idiots plugged a watermellon with Ballentine Beer from the garage stock kept by a father of one of our gang. Gawd awful. But we ate it!

Zmbkillr

Nov 6, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOO-HOO! I like talking about BEER! First time I ever had Little Kings was only a few years ago in Gatlinburg. I really hate that regular old Michelob is gone. And I never did get to try that Elsinore beer???

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I grew up in the 60's with my dad and neighbors drinking Black Label, Stroh's, Fallstaff, Schlitz, Hamms, Old Style and many others...!!!! I got drunk for the time in 72' SHARING a bottle of Boonsfarm apple wine equally with a friend. I think it was $00.90 - $00.99 cents P/Bottle. I was messed up and it took awhile before I was right before the next morning in my bedroom in my parents home. I graduated in 73'. And I shit you not it took me years before I could ever eat an apple or stand that smell...!!!!! Passed on the Strawberry one after that. Now it's just Coors Light or NOTHING...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (some say it's next to nothing.... so be it)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread