Beers gone by (bye?)

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Back in my trucking days some 30 years ago, I was pulling a reefer trailer for an outfit out of Utah, and I was dispatched to pick up a load from the Coors beer company in Golden Co.

Rather than have me back into a dock, the company had drivers drop
their trailers, and then the beer company would haul it back to where the beer was loaded (about a mile away), load the trailer and then bring it back to the driver. The trailers were closed and sealed, and drivers never saw the trailer being loaded, but did receive a written set of instructions for maintaining the proper reefer temp, etc.

When I delivered the load In Indiana, they cut the seal, opened the doors
and I was surprised to see a load of an off-brand beer. Can't be sure,
but I think it was Keystone.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd always get thirsty for a brew when this song played on the radio.

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Here’s a can from my collection. No true-blooded American can forget Billy Beer. Via Falls City Brewing Co. Louisville, KY

Attachments

• F05FA15E-3258-4E47-A542-8719DCCD94AF.jpeg
    F05FA15E-3258-4E47-A542-8719DCCD94AF.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 17

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone recall the weird Coors aluminum cans with the little circular punch outs? Bloody finger traps they were. Coors is good cold, but very gassy like a coke. Er, champagne.
Yep, pushbutton Coors!

Attachments

• 1101201107.jpg
    1101201107.jpg
    372.6 KB · Views: 16

ZombieKnot

Dec 25, 2022
Poured Bud light into test kit. Mailed out for analysis. Laboratory results said "Your Clydesdale has diabetes."

Stroh's was last to be "Fire Brewed".

Coors strike in 80's was doing security and called Darth Vader's for being dressed in black. Watched maintenance install line on ceiling that said "Water-filtered" and went to mix valve. Other line in said "Coors banquet" and line out to bottler said "Coors light". Old guy named "Mosteler" was doing install. Filled my trunk with cases every night. Cool dudes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Has anyone mentioned Mickeys Big Mouths? I think it was an ale.
This 40 oz happened to be in my fridge this morning. The big mouths are still available too. They still have the rebus/puzzle under the caps. It is a malt liquor.

Attachments

• IMG_1429.jpeg
    IMG_1429.jpeg
    802.9 KB · Views: 11
OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
This 40 oz happened to be in my fridge this morning. The big mouths are still available too. They still have the rebus/puzzle under the caps. It is a malt liquor.
I was wrong. I opened this 40 and there was no rebus under the cap. The big mouth bottles do still have them though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread