Beginner seeking help

huricanesrul

Jan 1, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
explorer xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hold onto it for as long as u can. silver is around $ 34 ..it's already hit $50last year. it will go up. I sold 4 rolls of halves 1 1/2 ago...$ 110 a roll when silver was $16 and change. double that now ! but thats the game you play . " you got to know when to hold em ..know when to fold em " . it's a hobby, an addiction, and can make you money also. holding on might make you more money...selling now gives you more money to find MORE.

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
I will only say this:

If you live the next 10 years......

You will regret every single bit of silver you sell now.

Just sayin'.

Keep on Rollin' !

TakeDownTick50

Feb 5, 2012
Houston, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't cash in now. Wait a few years and cash in when silver is at $60 or up. :wink: If you do sell, sell 40%'s when you can make a decent sized profit.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I do like your optimism. Just starting out and yet to find any silver but already seeking advise on what to do with your keepers. But I suppose it's good to be planning ahead - certainly when it comes to silver investing. :)

As far as silver prices - I agree with Pd that prices are going much higher. I wouldn't try to predict any exact timeline but unless there are some major changes in fiscal and monetary policy in this country real soon the odds of pm and other commodity prices NOT going much higher in the future are absolutely zero. But even if they really wanted to or had the courage or knowledge to do it it's probably way too late for the government or the Fed. to do anything about the economic armageddon they've already created - except just continue to make it worse - which is what they will inevitably do.

But you just got to find 'em first.

Good luck & H$H!

OP
OP
C

CRHgiggidy

Greenie
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the tips guys. I think I will just hold on to everything I find. I have a feeling in the future I will be trading these for whiskey and bullets. I wish I could say I was just messing around, but at the age of only 24, a lot can and probably will happen to this country/world.

huricanesrul

Jan 1, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
explorer xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you might need to melt all your silver into bullets...to kill all the undead when the world ends on dec 21 !!!!! but hey ..you'll have the most expensive bullets on the block !!

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
Sell if you need the money or want something. Keep on hunting and keep the silver pile large!

I will sell some of mine next time we hit around 37. However, I am still yanking in tons of silver. It will be replaced. I sell some at 30 some at 40, and hold on to some for when it hits bigger numbers. Just keep getting more!!!!

N8

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hold on to them as if it was an investment in long-term bonds or blue chip stock. Big investment brokers always say to diversify your portfolio. Ours in CRH is not anything glamorous, but yet I still think of it as an investment, only that we enjoy working at it for the long haul.

CaptJohn

Sep 6, 2006
Fairhope Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do bank feel, or is this not legal? How do you feed the searched coins back to the Banks. I read some info on this but it was years old.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Silver will be going up in the near future. It has continued the upward trend with some ups and downs but it is a highly used in industry and electronics and getting more and more scarce. I see it only increasing in value over the long term. Where is Jim4silver when you need him with some silver market predictions....LOL.

Golden Silver

jarlbartar

Jan 3, 2012
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to decide what you want from your silver. Are you an investor or a buyer / seller? If you are an investor, than there is no question - hold on to them. If you want to make a profit, than selling off some 90% for $12 - $15 is a pretty handsome profit for the .50 spent to obtain the coin from the bank. In the end, its up to you.

Me personally, I plan to hold on to all of my 90% and trade / sell some of my more beat up 40%s to increase my bankroll for more CRH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread