Silver Quarter + Foregin Coin Jackpot - Pics

wildwill2002

Oct 23, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped at 4 banks today, only two of which had any dimes so I got $350 worth to search through all of which produced nothing. Then decided on a whim to try a box of quarters. That produced a 1934 Washington Quarter, my first quarter found in the wild. When I dumped my coins, I mentioned to the teller that the count was short about 10 dollars, so they took a look inside the machine to see if any coins may have been jammed/never got counted. The teller then pulled out a roller that had about 30 coins stuck to it. This, it turns out, is a magnetic attachment for pulling out foreign coins before they end up counted. I asked if I could have the foreign coins, seeing as they can't really use them anyway. She said I could this one time but that normally they have to send them out the feds. It was mostly Canadian quarters, dimes, and nickels but there are a few other oddities, including a 1948 coin from the Netherlands and a steel wheat penny (the teller called it a Silver penny, lol). Even though the count was still short by about 5 bucks the silver quarter plus all the foreign coins more than makes up for it in my book.

Attachments

• 2012-03-05 15.15.21.jpg
    2012-03-05 15.15.21.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 581
Upvote 0

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
That is one nice looking steel penny. Also, the 1948 coin is not worth much (10-15 cents)

TCOZY13

Aug 10, 2011
OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My limited knowledge says those canadian nickels are .999....Prettyy cool! I love the foreign coins.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
TCOZY13 said:
My limited knowledge says those canadian nickels are .999....Prettyy cool! I love the foreign coins.

I am a huge foreign collector and the nickels are 99.9% nickel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread