Beginners luck

jamesg13

Jan 7, 2013
The Outskirts
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So Ive been doing the CRH for awhile now, wanted to up the annie a little so I got a MD and went out today, the first hole I dug ever in my life produced this..... IMG_20130127_200914.jpg Also would like to ask fellow members what are good places to look, me and my unkle went to the beach today, but would like to know other possibilities, maybe a stupid question but this was the 1st time I even attempted MDing lol

Upvote 0

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thats a pretty amazing find to get something like that on the first hole you ever dug! The beach is an excellent place to MD. Also swimming areas by lakes, parks. It really depends on what you want to find: military relics, coins, jewelry, etc. Find old maps of your area, do some research, if the place is old, and there were people there, they likely dropped stuff, and you can find it. Best of luck!

dimedigger

Jan 25, 2013
waccamaw
Detector(s) used
BH pioneer ex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
how did you clean it so good that it looks like it came out of your moms jewelery box

OP
OP
J

jamesg13

Jan 7, 2013
The Outskirts
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah i did buy about 10$ worth of lotto, but my luck ended with the ring LOL

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
What do the markings inside the ring say? Do they indicate gold? It almost looks too good, like costume jewelry. Hopefully it's the real thing though. Oh, and not all gold is necessarily marked inside (14k, 18k, etc...). Because it could be worn off, or a custom made piece with no stamp inside, etc... But you would be able to tell from the weight (density) if it's gold, or just gold plated.

congratz.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread