Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
You know the ones....seems like every car show I attend I keep on seeing the same cars over and over again. How many versions of 67-69 camaro, chevelle, mustang, etc, can you look at, time and time again?
I got off the beaten path when I bought my 2-seater AMX, (one of 38 as optioned). Now, when I take it to a car show, I know I'll be the only one there with an AMX, let alone the only AMC. It's funny watching people scratching their heads in confusion trying to identify with this car...or overhearing comments like "you know, AMC used Ford 390's/Chrysler 360's", and so on, in innocent ignorance.
Last winter I also bought a '71 AMX Javelin (approx 2000 built). My 2 seater absolutely rocks with a 290 hp 360 cu in 4sp, 10:1 comp, posi and ram air. Don't get me wrong, I like all muscle cars but I am now very fond of the underdog.

Cruisin

Jul 23, 2007
The AMXs are great! The Javelin is one of my favorite cars. At the shows you see row after row of Chevys & Fords but it's the more "rare" cars that really get attention these days. I show 3 Mopars & they get lots of attention, even though they are stock & not expensive rebuilds. One of my little Barracudas keeps getting invited to be on display at various race car events - the guy says it's because it's something you just don't see all that often.
Do you have a photo of the Javelin that you can post?

OP
OP
fistfulladirt

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Finding amc parts is not that hard. Once in the hobby you can locate parts cars, etc, there are also vendors and now some parts are reproduced. I have bought many used parts off evilbay, and I will admit finding parts is not that difficult, sometimes cost is prohibitive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread