Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another beautiful day here, its gonna be highly depressing when reality hits and it comes off and stays cold. Hit a friends yard, house was built in the 1800's, I ahd been there before and hit a few areas I didn;t do last time thru. Was out for about an hour and a half but did manage to find a 1962 Franklin half and also a small bronze propeller. I thought maybe the prop was froma model boat but there are no holes in it for the shaft, so I am assuming it must have been a paper weight or something. Also found 10 wheaties, oldest being 1924. Weather looks good again tomorrow so hopefully I can skip out of work for a while and get out for a bit.

Attachments

• 1962 Franklin.JPG
    1962 Franklin.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 515
  • prop.JPG
    prop.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 377
Upvote 0

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, I really like the prop and you gotta love old Ben!

Sometime try the close up mode on your digital camera. Also turn off the flash, you will be surprised at how well it looks without a flash.

HH, Ringfinder

OP
OP
Mainedigger

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ringfinder said:
Nice finds, I really like the prop and you gotta love old Ben!

Sometime try the close up mode on your digital camera. Also turn off the flash, you will be surprised at how well it looks without a flash.

HH, Ringfinder

RF....thanks for the help and advice....I do not use a flash when taking pics and try a shot with the close up on and then with it off and settle for the better of the two, I have a cheapie digital camera and have to take pics thru a magnifying glass to get them to come out at all. Sometimes they come out crystal clear, other times not...tempermental camera, cheap camera and piss poor photographer...not a good combo...:) I do have photo editing software, so you can imagine what they looked like prior to editing, but sometimes even that can not save what is unsavable from the start..:) gotta break down at some point and get a good camera or scanner, but with a 2 year old and a 3 year old, my priorities are with them first.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Nice find - the Benie. I found my first this year. Would rather find a Walker but BIG silver is sweet any way it comes.! ;D ;D

Mirage

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread