Wow, even if it isn't real, it;s cool!

HH
-GC

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
yeah are there any markings? its a cool find no matter if its gold or not. an interesting conversation piece.

Woodsie

Oct 25, 2006
Northeastern PA
Detector(s) used
XLT by Whites
That's a pretty neat find...however...if it was gold...the shine would be there just by brushing it off a little...

OP
OP
waseeker

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are no markings of any kind inside the ring. When I look at it though a magnifiying glass I can see where the gold plating has worn off the high points. It appears to be made of some sort of base metal.

all I did was clean off enough dirt to determine what I had. Still trying to determine the best way to clean it.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That IS a neat find! 8) Congrats!!

Nana :)

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother had a Chiefs ring similar to that. It was areal POS. Replica team rings were popular at one time I guess. Cheap pot metal construction with some gold-crud electroplating or maybe even gold-plated at one time. I say throw it in the rock tumbler. It would help smooth any details that have become scratched. You could also spray a light coat of acrylic on it. If you wanted to even clean it.

If it really belonged to one of the Twins players it would have his name in it. GL on future finds!

Laater...

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kool find, I think it is a replica. I found one almost like yours in St Petersburg Fla. years ago in a school yard where people work out. I was told then that you could buy rings from different clubs to wear.

Any way you look at it, it is a GREAT find and one you will talk about for years to come.

Thanks for bringing back my memory of the ring I found.

HH, Ringfinder

Tourezrick

Nov 2, 2006
South Side of Chicago (the baddest part of town)
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Replica, but cool, none the less! At least you got yours while Md'ing and having fun! This past April, the day of the 'White Sox Ring Ceremony' at Comiskey Park (Cell Field - NEVER!), jokers were selling the replicas that were passed out FREE at the game for $75 or more on e-bay. I can only a$$ume that there were dumba$$es around that were willing to pay.

Tourezrick

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Maybe Lonnie Smith lost this ring. His baserunning mistake may have cost the Braves that World Series; naturally, the Twins would have given him a ring too.

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring! I don't think it's pure gold, most of those rings are just gold plated stainless, it's still a BEAUTIFUL find though!

Congrats!

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ringfinder said:
Kool find, I think it is a replica. I found one almost like yours in St Petersburg Fla. years ago in a school yard where people work out. I was told then that you could buy rings from different clubs to wear.

Any way you look at it, it is a GREAT find and one you will talk about for years to come.

Thanks for bringing back my memory of the ring I found.

HH, Ringfinder
\
The World Series Ring I found was a 1986 Mets ring. I found mine and yours on E-bay. Just look up World Series Rings. I am including pictures of both. The ring that looks like yours is a proto type.

By the way, if anyone is interested you can buy A Real Wold Series ring on this site. All profits are going to Breast Cancer Research.

HH< Ringfinder

Attachments

• mets ring.jpg
    mets ring.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 255
  • minnesotaring3.jpg
    minnesotaring3.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 217

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions