Bering Sea New Season!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bering Sea Gold New Season!

Did anyone watch the preview of the new season last night?

I cant believe the Christine Rose still has to be paddled out to sea by the excavator. :tongue3:
They said they removed the riffles from their sluice to catch more fine gold? Only way that will work without riffles is by classifying and slowing down the flow. They would have to of changed more than just the sluice. :icon_scratch:

Looks like Hot Head Scott landed some new investors and a new boat.

Can you believe that Vernon and Steve teamed up? That has to be a disaster looking for a place to happen :laughing7:
And what about the hyper diver who showed up to work with Vernon and Steve and went berserk over the weight belt? :laughing9:

I hope Emily and Zeke find a lot of gold this season without a serious accident. (doubtful)

Anyway judging by the preview it ought to be a fun watch with plenty of insane drama. The colorful cast makes the Hoffman crew look like normal miners.

GG~

Last edited:
Upvote 0

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wonder how much they regret that .

What happened to Eaon or what ever his name was the fella with the flat bottom and sluice next to it?

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
And that he pulled up trou without wiping. EW!

I noticed that but thought I would stop short of mentioning it. I bet he had a case of the runs as up upset as they all were....lol!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Here's what I think

I could live on the boat
It gives me a place to eat sleep live and no potty buckets.
Plus it can handle6 ft seas with no problem where those pontoons will flip.
So I could stay out longer plus larger fuel reserves ect when the weathers right I could run 24/7 with a crew
Plus being only 6" I can work the rec areas without having to pay the city there take or ak
So I woulnt need a claim . Thou I'm sure there's gona be problems I can't even think of

I like the idea of using the boat as living quarters but where and how would you store it over the impending winter? I was thinking one of those ocean going houseboats would be even better. But you already have the carver. Is it in rough condition? Kind of a shame to ruin it.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And that he pulled up trou without wiping. EW!

I think he sat to pee :tongue3:

no actually it went by fast, & he was either Very White,
or he had his Thermals up & was just Pretending.
not real sure But,
since it was not Emily, I didn't have the guts to rewind.

Just a disgusting clip IMO

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
also what was the "Mo_Ron" in the Small boat thinking he was going to do by
slamming into the Pomrenke's Dredge ?

had to be fake !

and Steve,
after ripping the day off :laughing9: actually shows up for a Meeting Talking about His Cut,
and takes a phone call in the middle of it :BangHead:

what an awesome gig he got goin' :laughing7:

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
also what was the "Mo_Ron" in the Small boat thinking he was going to do by
slamming into the Pomrenke's Dredge ?

had to be fake
Yeah I agree, fake. The guy standing on deck never seemed to move. Not used to being on camera I guess.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
dieselram94 said:
I like the idea of using the boat as living quarters but where and how would you store it over the impending winter? I was thinking one of those ocean going houseboats would be even better. But you already have the carver. Is it in rough condition? Kind of a shame to ruin it.

Yes it's looks rough but it's sound mechanically. It's a 78 model and won't ever be worth much. It would be a good ending for it .
It was bought fipor the engine but turned out to be a pretty solid boat so I started to. Restore it when I found a 86 model.
The boat could be restored but you would spend too much just to make it look pretty
The 6" dredge could be broke down and put inside the boat for shipping and storage.
I was considering making a 2 pointe hitch for towing it .

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here they r

1st the older one 2nd is the 86 I use it for lobster diving I the keys

Attachments

• image-3494722148.jpg
    image-3494722148.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 234
  • image-916408699.jpg
    image-916408699.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 183

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Looks like a great old boat.....wish it was mine! I have a old 20' cuddy but I don't use it much. I don't know what it would cost to ship but could you tow it on a trailer up to anchorage or somewhere and launch then steam up to Nome? Might be cheaper?

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Nice shop you got there as well!

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
dieselram94 said:
Looks like a great old boat.....wish it was mine! I have a old 20' cuddy but I don't use it much. I don't know what it would cost to ship but could you tow it on a trailer up to anchorage or somewhere and launch then steam up to Nome? Might be cheaper?

Don't think she would run that far on a tank
Only 100 gal cap and its like 700 mi boat ride . Already looked at that its to bad thou she wil run also most 32 mph
Probaly would run around 10k to barge it

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
A messy shop is a used shop that boat has a lot of potential.But I know what you mean about the value.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got pretty good deal on them the old one I paid 500 and the newer I paid 966 bought them both on eBay

I did have to put a bit more in to the 86 though .
And it's my biggest problem with going to nome igo to the keys every year and lobster dive and just don't know if want to give my summers up to go to nome
I already make a pretty good living and don't know if it would be worth all the work .
I'm Torn I have the equipment and can afford to give it a shot . Don't need the money but the adventure side would be awesome !
The extra money would always be nice but just wonder how much I would actually bring home after Obama got his cut .

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I got pretty good deal on them the old one I paid 500 and the newer I paid 966 bought them both on eBay

I did have to put a bit more in to the 86 though .
And it's my biggest problem with going to nome igo to the keys every year and lobster dive and just don't know if want to give my summers up to go to nome
I already make a pretty good living and don't know if it would be worth all the work .
I'm Torn I have the equipment and can afford to give it a shot . Don't need the money but the adventure side would be awesome !
The extra money would always be nice but just wonder how much I would actually bring home after Obama got his cut .
After Obama got his cut you would owe money.....:BangHead:
The adventure would be awesome! But I know what you mean about giving up summers.....not that warm in Nome! I have been thinking of learning to dive. How deep do you think the dredge could pull material up from?

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Sounds like fun I just wonder how deep the recreational area is?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread