Bering Sea New Season!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bering Sea Gold New Season!

Did anyone watch the preview of the new season last night?

I cant believe the Christine Rose still has to be paddled out to sea by the excavator. :tongue3:
They said they removed the riffles from their sluice to catch more fine gold? Only way that will work without riffles is by classifying and slowing down the flow. They would have to of changed more than just the sluice. :icon_scratch:

Looks like Hot Head Scott landed some new investors and a new boat.

Can you believe that Vernon and Steve teamed up? That has to be a disaster looking for a place to happen :laughing7:
And what about the hyper diver who showed up to work with Vernon and Steve and went berserk over the weight belt? :laughing9:

I hope Emily and Zeke find a lot of gold this season without a serious accident. (doubtful)

Anyway judging by the preview it ought to be a fun watch with plenty of insane drama. The colorful cast makes the Hoffman crew look like normal miners.

GG~

Last edited:
Upvote 0

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
dieselram94 said:
After Obama got his cut you would owe money.....:BangHead:
The adventure would be awesome! But I know what you mean about giving up summers.....not that warm in Nome! I have been thinking of learning to dive. How deep do you think the dredge could pull material up from?

Go for it diving is awesome !!!!!!! It's another world down there that's half of the fun with dredging
If your staying inside 20' there's not much danger .
The worse thing you can do is hold your breath on the bottom and try to surface Without releasing alittle air .You'll pop a lung and it will kill ya
I rarely dive deeper than 25 ft but if you do just have to watch how long ya stay down and how fast ya come up as nitrogen build in your blood while breathing pressureized gas .but it would be difficult to do dredging

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Not much to dredge around here but I would love to wreck dive! Like I said I have my cuddy cabin and I think it would be awesome. I wish I was still living in gold producing areas......:sadsmiley:

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I would do some schooling

That's alttle more dangerous
But promise you will love it .
Need to make a drive to the keys you can dive wrecks and pick up some lobster also and that's as much fun as dredging if not more

PYRATE

Jun 24, 2012
Cackalacky
Detector(s) used
arrr, just need me nose
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would have to say the most shocking part of the show tonight was the filming of the guy taking a dump in the bucket and then washing it out in the surf.

It really put the situation into perspective though.

Knowing that it is incredibly difficult to accurately portray living conditions in a place like the tent village they're living in, I think the scenes in this episode might have given us the most realistic views of the bad side of things we've yet to see on any of Discovery's Alaska's based shows.

The bucket scene.... the mention of theft... the guy who interrupted with slurring & cheap booze.... the junked heavy equipment & trucks littered about an area where folks are living in tents.... a bunch of sketchy looking characters hanging around.... And all of this on a dreary wet day.
Not what I want to see on the show often, but I'm very glad they stepped across the line and included it as it adds greatly to the overall picture.

While I'm still annoyed by Zeke & Emily (they belong on Bravo, not Discovery) and am still convinced that Vernon and Scott were cast simply because the producers knew they had a couple of guaranteed trainwrecks, I like the direction the show is headed in.

I knew they were following a successful tv formula but had wished it were a little more real until last night - this guy Todd doesn't seem fake, planned or scripted in any way shape or form.

For the next season, if they dropped everyone but him and the Pomarenkes and brought back the group of younger guys from Under The Ice and the guy with the huge beard from Season 1 (the one who had quit a government job) I would be highly pleased.

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the distinct impression Nome is not a place people go who could make it or fit in elsewhere. That episode just confirmed it as the Island of Misfit Toys.

Zeke and Emily make great tension. She's the only woman, has a nice set to boot, and Zeke wants to bang her in the worst way. Those two are staying, unless she actually makes it in opera.

The ex-social worker with the beard was too bland. no drama. So Original Productions won't want him back.

crystalpayne

Jan 14, 2013
Fort Mitchell
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is it just me or does everyone want to just punch Emily in her face? I am typically not a violent person but I feel so sorry for Zeke! I'm only on the 2nd episode for the season but she is driving me Crazy!!!!!!!!!

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
crystalpayne said:
Is it just me or does everyone want to just punch Emily in her face? I am typically not a violent person but I feel so sorry for Zeke! I'm only on the 2nd episode for the season but she is driving me Crazy!!!!!!!!!

I'm with ya crystal but I don't feel sorry for zeek he brings it upon him self !!!
But she has no business out there ! I laughed at the end of the season when she bragged on how well she did .
I don't understand why no one has dove with her to find her some comfort down there !
The one thing you have to be diving is comfortable under water .thereare to many thing that can go wrong and panic will get ya killed down there!

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
crystalpayne said:

Have you ever done any scuba or dredging ?

crystalpayne

Jan 14, 2013
Fort Mitchell
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No I haven't yet, I want to so bad. I don't know how I will do, but I know it's mind over matter. I surely could do better then her! I am about to Buy the Gold Hog or a Keen, I'm torn.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Diving is pretty simple ya just need to take it slow and do some studying

The biggest danger is holding your breath if your going to the surface from deep .
You can rupter you lung from the expanding gases in your lungs and that can kill ya probaly would never be that deep dredging

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ya need to hit me up when it warms up I spend a lot of time dredging ne'er the gold camp and you and the hubby. Can borrow,one if ya would like

You may carry it to the gold camp and run it or run it ne'er where we dredge, if ya would like

crystalpayne

Jan 14, 2013
Fort Mitchell
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well that's that to bad! Lol I am going to take a diving class, I already have the Hot Pink wet suit picked out! ;-) I have Gold fever bad, I am so hard headed I don't give up! I am not sure if you read my two posts about my outings, but thy are pretty entertaining. Never a dull moment

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
crystalpayne said:
Well that's that to bad! Lol I am going to take a diving class, I already have the Hot Pink wet suit picked out! ;-) I have Gold fever bad, I am so hard headed I don't give up! I am not sure if you read my two posts about my outings, but thy are pretty entertaining. Never a dull moment

Yes iv seen them
Offered to take y'all out on your post we dredge about 30 minutes from where the gold camp is .
I broke out of the gold camp dissipointed and hit a local creek and dredge for about 2 hours and in that 2 hours I had more gold than all of my trips to the gold camp!
Needless to say I don't visit them much anymore

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions