best cache hunting tecniques

K

Kentucky Kache

Take a few days/weeks to read through every thread here
on treasurenet concerning caches. That's the best technique I know of.

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
This was sent to me on the losttreasureUSA.com newsletter.
I haven't really looked through it yet but I'm assuming it's information about techniques for cache hunting.
It's www.treasuresecrets.com.
Give it a look and let us know.
xXx

Rowdy

Jun 11, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6
Re: best cache hunting techniques

stud564 said:
what do you believe is the best technique for uncovering caches.

When I was a child I used to go fishing with my father fairly often. I always had the latest greatest lures, and when we were fishing, I'd Try one for a few minutes, then switch to another, and so on, hoping to find the perfect combination to entice the fish in that particular waterhole.

All the while, my Dad was casting away with his tried and true favorite lure. Often as not, he was hauling in a fish, while I was changing lures!

His advice to me, was that you can't catch a fish, if your line isn't wet!

The point of all that, is if you do enough detecting of decent sites, sooner or later you'll discover a cache! As pointed out before, research to find promising sites is important, but the More time you spend with your coil to the ground, the more likely you are to find something good!!!

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
quote '' what do you believe is the best technique for uncovering caches '' take shovel in hand, put to the ground, and DIGDIGDIGDIGDIGDIGDIG.......just joking....gldhntr

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree 100% with Tropical Tramp. RESEARCH is the cornerstone!!!! Unless of course you're just plain lucky....lol Good luck with your hunting.
Deepsix

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It depends on the type of cache you are lookiing for.
If it is a small money cache that was hidden by someone at a house, start by looking at what you could see from the front door. If you buried you money, wouldn't you want it where you could watch over it? I would.
Under the front door step, in a loose rock in the fireplace. These are just ideas for you to start with.

Now if you are looking for a "large lost cache", research, research, more research, then a field trip to eliminate places and get down to a couple of sites. Now more research and field trips to eliminate more sites.
Once you have it down to one site, then you start doing field trips over and over to it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread