Best day ever - 3 silver coins & 2 cool silver jewelry pieces

Murray8144

Aug 20, 2015
Essex County, NJ
Detector(s) used
eTrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spent an hour or two at a site in north Jersey that's been good to me. Pulled the Jesus pendant almost right away, then had to haul ass home to take care of a #2. Upon returning, I pulled the 'claw' pendant or whatever it is...maybe a pepper? (update my wife says it's an italian horn pendant...pretty common for jersey girls to wear she says). Anyway, a few minutes later i pulled the 1897 Barber (my first 1800s US Coin, and the second barber from this site). It was pretty shallow, 4 inches or so. It's worn but I don't care...the other barber i pulled from here in the fall is in much better shape. Few feet away and up came the rosie, then a few feet from there came the quarter. All of these finds were less than 6 inches, so i may have found a good productive site.

Thanks for looking & Merry Christmas!

IMG_4058.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 16
Pretty sure you've got a virgin site with all that shallow silver. Might have to call out sick and drive north

Ah very nice finds. Glad to see you're producing nice finds. Nice job on the barber!

Very cool barber. That sounds like a great hunt to me

Looks like this site has not been hunted, very shallow goodies! Congratulations on the silver...much more awaits your coil.

Excellent silver finds,, those "Horns" were also pretty common back in the 80's. I remember that they were usually gold.
Congrats on a sweet hunt.

I would have a hard time sleeping tonight after finding 4 silvers...just thinking about what was still there. Nice hunt

You loaded up on silver, after you unloaded yourself.... nice.:laughing7:

Congrats on the silvers Murray, Barbers are scarce in my area.

Great job what unit where you using.

That horn pendant is very popular among Italian Catholics,
it's meant to ward off evil and bring good luck, seems you tapped its power during your hunt :laughing7::treasurechest::thumbsup:

Beautiful silver pieces!! Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back