Best day in a while

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 133
Upvote 50

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
All those in one day? How fun and fabulous. You must have dialed your coil to the oldies station!

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, wow nice finds. Congrats:occasion14:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You rescued some beauties, Congrats!

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is an incredible day! Barber half and quarter! Any one of those coins would make my day! Even the IHP's make a day for me. And the largie!?? That is one great day!

bologna321

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2017
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have them in flips already, sorry, next time. I was tooooooo frikin excited. I’ll post pictures of my favorite, the largie. The barbers are almost smooth and the Indians are average for woods coins. But I will pull the largie out of its flip because it’s in great shape!!

That is a beauty

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt! After the rain is always good...

Dennis1209

Dec 23, 2018
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Etrac & NOX 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd take a day like that anytime! Something about moist soil that makes those coins pop. I've heard it might have something to do with the 'halo' around the coin / object getting better conductivity?

Bodkin

Oct 9, 2017
Bold Coast & Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Blue Excal 1000, Enox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the largie! Found one this past 4th of July totally covered in 1/8" of black crust. I chipped an edge and it all fell off revealing the shiniest copper coin I ever found. All I could make out though was the "Liberty" on the headband. Perfect 4th of July coin! Congratulations.., again!
Well Joe-Dirt, the day after congratulating you.., again on your beautiful Liberty Large cent I found two more toasted ones. You have me on a Largie quest and I was actually thinking about your coin when I pulled the first one out of a local river here. Hopefully this will be my last reply as I feel you may have pulled the last remaining beauty out of the ground! Cheers again to you Sir!

OP
OP
Joe-Dirt

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Joe-Dirt, the day after congratulating you.., again on your beautiful Liberty Large cent I found two more toasted ones. You have me on a Largie quest and I was actually thinking about your coin when I pulled the first one out of a local river here. Hopefully this will be my last reply as I feel you may have pulled the last remaining beauty out of the ground! Cheers again to you Sir!
If it’s any consolation, my last two were found on higher ground with good drainage and both in great shape, however, I did find what I think as either a KGII or a Connecticut copper in very wet soil and it was pretty toasty. Good luck out there!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread