Best day in a while

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Hunted a school from the 1800’s and found old can slaw and a pocket knife, so I switched to a 33 acre public wooded area I’ve hunted once before and got very lucky. The rain must have brought these signals to life because I was through the same area last week and only found a wheatie.

Happy hunting!!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 134
Upvote 50
Wow! Nice handful of oldies. I like it all. Congrats

Nice digs and you are right, moisture content of the soil makes a difference as well sometimes as temperature of the soil.

Very nice, any one of those coins would make my week :occasion14:

Wow, nice old coin shooting! :occasion14:

Nice digs and you are right, moisture content of the soil makes a difference as well sometimes as temperature of the soil.
We must have gotten 2” of rain here in central Massachusetts yesterday (I was hunting in it so it seemed like more(:) and I finally figured out the “correct way” to pair my Nox’s head phones. They were giving me fits only pairing intermittently but it’s aaaaaaaalllllll better now.

I forgot to post the dates if you can’t make them out;
1828 US braided hair largie
1901 barber quarter
No date barber half dollar
IHP’s 1905, 1899 , 1883
Thanks for looking!!!

Holy cow, Joe! Finds of that caliber deserve individual closeups, front and back! Superb work and congratulations!

Glad to see Joe gotta love the days when the Machine seems to come alive and sniff out those great coins. Well done my friend. Tommy

Holy cow, Joe! Finds of that caliber deserve individual closeups, front and back! Superb work and congratulations!
I have them in flips already, sorry, next time. I was tooooooo frikin excited. I’ll post pictures of my favorite, the largie. The barbers are almost smooth and the Indians are average for woods coins. But I will pull the largie out of its flip because it’s in great shape!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,004.9 KB · Views: 40
Nice! Wish I could have one of those days.... Congrats.

impressive finds, well done Sir. quite the type finds that bring a smile to the face very quickly

Love the largie! Found one this past 4th of July totally covered in 1/8" of black crust. I chipped an edge and it all fell off revealing the shiniest copper coin I ever found. All I could make out though was the "Liberty" on the headband. Perfect 4th of July coin! Congratulations.., again!

Heck yeah!!! A little too wet around here at the time.....Lets see,what to do tomorrow :icon_scratch:

Great day for sure!!! There isn't an "S" by chance on the back of the quarter is there?:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back