Best Day this Year on CLAD!! $10.65 total and 1 junk ring with Whites MX5

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found at a Florida Grade School: 30 quarters, 30 dimes, 15 cents and the junk ring was my very 1st find of the day that says; "Best Friends Forever".....Hope the friendship lasted longer than the ring...lol.

Jan 2015 Totals: 147 Quarters, 163 dimes, 2 nickels, and 188 cents for a total of 500 coins = $55.03 in 8 outings

001.JPG 002.JPG

Happy Hunting

Bill

Last edited:
Upvote 7

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's always good to come home a lil ahead for the day once in awhile.. Nice job

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
great day, fun day

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, I miss hunting school yards! Congrats!

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow...killin it ! Great job!

Hi Chuck.......are you still swinging the Minelab 705? I read some of your started posts from 2013 and impressed with your silver coins found since you started....last count mentioned was over 33 silver....that is excellent for being new to the hobby in less than 2 years.....Good Luck for 2015.....Iowa is an excellent place to hunt.....before my wife and I retired to Florida, we lived in northern part of Illinois, near Peoria, IL......and loved the black soil in that area, and the very old coins did not seem as deep as the mixed sandy soil here in Florida......Please keep us posted on your future silver coin finds....I love the silver coins like you.....Happy Hunting to All.

Bill

Last edited:

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
were you running discrimination or just digging everything?

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
were you running discrimination or just digging everything?

Quote from my previous posting on the Stage 1 and Stage 2 method that I am currently using with high discrimination on Stage 1:
"What nickels?.....so you noticed the absence of nickels and trash.....lol.......The last 4 months, since I received the VDI Whites MX5, I have been working my own priority plan of recovering targets to cut down on excessive digging and trash, that works for me in 2 stages......1st stage recover ALL clad & silver dollars, halfs, quarters, dimes, 95% copper cents & silver jewelry, then 2nd stage, return and grid in ALL metal to recover nickels, gold and alot of trash and digging. But this works for me as I just turned 73 last week and have been doing this over 44 years.......I love the silver coins and cannot hunt as many hours as I used to at one outing.....and most nickels & indianhead cents don't come out of the ground in very good condition, So it is about the gold rings for me. However on the beach, I always hunt in All metal and dig everything, because percentage of rings lost there are much higher.......Just my personal method that I use for only the areas close to where I live, that I keep going back.....because we all know an area is NEVER cleaned out, as experience and equipment improvements continue in the future & high traffic areas like school grounds, playgrounds, tot-lots, sports fields, parks, beaches, etc. coin & jewelry drops happen daily. .......Good Luck & Happy Hunting to ALL".

Thanks for asking,
Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread