Best Find of the CTH

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
The warden and I were talking last night and she was looking over my "finds" she calls them junk. She looked at them with a total look of confusion and said, "You took five days off and drove over one thousand miles and spent all that money for this?"

I reflected back on the experience I had had meeting all of you and spending time Friday night with the three stooges (ok four BB was there). The hunt Saturday morning, and then afternoon. The hunt Sunday, and the few times we stopped on the way home to swing the coil. I also thought back to what a neat town Caldwell is. Then I got a silly grin on my face because she became so upset with me and asked what was so funny.

I tried to explain that it wasn't that it was funny just precious to me. I had spent the weekend with some of the most genuinely nice people I have ever met. I met people that I can truly call friends. Some of them became like BB to me, special, close people that I will go out of my way to meet up with again and hunt with. Some I just shared some stories and some laughs with, others I just simply sat and listened and tried to absorb the knowledge and experiences they have had. I am relatively a newcomer to the hobby and I discovered if nothing else, I have a Metal Detecting family that really cares about me.

I looked at my wife and told her I would have paid a million dollars for the experiences I had had. She just shook her head and went off to bed. I feel sorry for her and all the other people on this planet that refuse to experience such a joyous event.

And to everyone that was there, Thank you. You have given me a gift far more valuable than any coin, relic or jewel.

Larry

Oh yeah, Baldingboy, thanks for tolerating me this past weekend. You have the patience of Job.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It gives me great pleasure to have met you, ME. Along with your sidekick...BB meaning Bad Boy instead of Balding Boy, just kidding. You two were a hoot. Gee, I trying to remember what I was telling y'all in that pic of the 3 of us. ;D ;D

Anyway the camaraderie of the CTH will be forever cherished by all those who attended. Just think of the 16 who were here for the CTH that attended JD's hunt last year. I guess we will forever be remembered at the "Otterville Gang" ;D Yep, the best find is all the wonderful people you meet, it's the camaraderie of it all.

;) RR

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MasterEagle22 I could not put it any better. If your back this way anytime stop in and see your TNet family.
Burdie

stretchmodel

Dec 10, 2006
Sioux Falls, S.D.
Detector(s) used
fisher 1212x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ME,
Hey, I just wanted to say I it was a pleasure to meet you and BB. You two are a riot and I look foward to seeing you in the future at another hunt if possible. I know what you mean about the Mrs. thing and I feel your pain. LOL. I hope the road smoothes out for you bud.
Take care and HH Jim

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D ME! You took my post!! :D

Last night while driving across country, Charlie was pointing out that we had already driven 2,000 miles, such and such gallons of fuel and many hours driving, just to dig a few bullets and a Chinese coin! :D We both agreed that it was worth every mile and we'd do it again in a heartbeat. ;) Thank you and BB for driving up and joining in on the hunt. I hope to see you again next year, and just maybe you can get the wife to come along too. :)

Hugs and :-*'s !!! Nana ;D

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
ME, you really have a gift with words. You said it just perfectly.

Great to meet you - and your sidekick (or are you the sidekick?) ;).

I'm already counting the days to the next one.

HH
Nan

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
roswellborn said:
ME, you really have a gift with words. You said it just perfectly.

Great to meet you - and your sidekick (or are you the sidekick?) ;).

I'm already counting the days to the next one.

HH
Nan

Actually, he is the sidekick. I call him "Captain Choas".

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
ME, I tell you, you said a mouthful, I'm glad I was given the chance to meet everyone there, and hope I can make the next one, It was a total groove my man.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread