Best Finds I Have Had In Entire Life! Thousands of Dollars Worth Of Merchandise!

Jebus

Jan 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 10

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I click your posts and look at the screen shot of the video to see what you found. I dont watch the videos tho as most DD videos are similar. I used to DD and found some cool stuff in an old Coconuts music store dumpster and some pots and pans and a fake ficus tree in my old apartments dumpster. Oh ya and nudie mags.

Keep doing what youre doing if you like it.

Also what video editing software do you use?

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People Yes Dumpster Diving has a Separate Forum.
yes Videos has a Separate Forum.
Yes Dumpster Diving is treasure hunting. (This is TreasureNet ya know)
aanndd ! Yes as long as he Posted it in Today's finds in a Timely manner he is Welcome to Use Today's Finds.

Just like members can Post in their States Finds,
in What is it & in Today's finds on the same day.

Please give him respect.

as long as they are Finds Not Purchases or Gifts.

The only difference; Non Detected Items cannot earn Banner

Jeff-not try to stir things up or cause trouble, just want clarification on your bolded statement about what qualifies for the banner. There is currently a bottle found with an old note in it that obviously wasn't detected, so I am confused. BTW I agree that it belongs there, I just want clarification on your statement and the rules.

OP
OP
J

Jebus

Jan 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I click your posts and look at the screen shot of the video to see what you found. I dont watch the videos tho as most DD videos are similar. I used to DD and found some cool stuff in an old Coconuts music store dumpster and some pots and pans and a fake ficus tree in my old apartments dumpster. Oh ya and nudie mags.

Keep doing what youre doing if you like it.

Also what video editing software do you use?

I actually just record on my GoPro, and put the clips together on Movie Maker lol

Dirtwisher

Nov 1, 2013
MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 9" and 11", AT Pro, Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jeff-not try to stir things up or cause trouble, just want clarification on your bolded statement about what qualifies for the banner. There is currently a bottle found with an old note in it that obviously wasn't detected, so I am confused. BTW I agree that it belongs there, I just want clarification on your statement and the rules.

I think it was detected as it was 5-6" down and had an aluminum stopper or something attached to the cork.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Theres a lot of judgement on this post, but remember that treasure is in the eye of the beholder.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

There is no written rule that banner finds have to be found with a metal detector. Don't know why jeff would say that. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/438336-banners-how-they-work.html#post4246818

[h=2]Banners & How they work[/h]
While we don't have any firm criteria, we follow these general guidelines...

Finds must be significant, and plausible.

Finds / posts must be RECENT.

If you have a Banner up there Showing, You cannot earn another till
yours is gone.

Images must be hosted on the TreasureNet server.

Posts with great stories are more likely to be selected.
If the post is one of the members first posts, it is less likely to be selected.

Finds must look good in the banner.

Members campaigning for votes for themselves or others ruins threads.
Do Not Do IT !

New Members are not Eligible for banner . if your find & your membership are within 90 Days of each other, we reserve the right to say No. too soon.
we want to be sure Members are signing up here to share & not because someone told them If they sign up quick, They can get their find on our Banner. Sorry !

Find must be found by a current TNet individual, YOU.

Making matters worst, is nominating your own find for the banner.

We don't count the word "Banner" in a Post only the ones in Reports.

We prefer "Rare to the Banner Finds" not necessarily "Rare according to the Books"

If you see one like yours up there now, it is not rare to the banner

Please note * Originality is important ! If We don't think your Picture looks different then what is up there, we will No Longer Count Votes till new photos are supplied.

For all Future Banner Submissions

""Willingness to share information " will be added to the criteria.

This does not mean members need to I.d. their hunting Spot.

This means if questions on the Object found, including but not limited to extra photos of the object etc. are ignored. Banner will no longer be considered.

If you are proud of your find(s) Please Take a lot of Pictures to choose from !

Banner Recipients should show that much Appreciation to those who voted and not be Hit & run Members.

TreasureNet - Banner

These Rules may be Added to but Not repealed

------------ADDITIONAL----------------------
Attention Members Updated Rules for Banner Threads
Since seeing several Requests We are going back to the Old Way &

Since Members seem to mainly Vote for posts in Today's Finds .
Posts in Other Forums like Beach & Shallow Water, shipwrecks,
North American Indian Artifacts, gold prospecting , bottles etc. do Not require the Same numbers of votes. and may be bannered just by Moderator prerogative. to remind you they are there.

And as Marc would say; "Shake things up a Little"
laughing7.gif

I'm not here to start trouble either but posting youtube videos is nothing but clickbait as far as I'm concerned, regardless if it is embedded.
While I'm at it, we have a forum dedicated for videos also... Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Videos

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually just record on my GoPro, and put the clips together on Movie Maker lol

How do you make the screen shots for the video with the pictures and words? I cant seem to figure how to do that on windows movie maker. I gotta use separate programs

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no written rule that banner finds have to be found with a metal detector. Don't know why jeff would say that. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/438336-banners-how-they-work.html#post4246818

Banners & How they work

While we don't have any firm criteria, we follow these general guidelines...

Finds must be significant, and plausible.

Finds / posts must be RECENT.

If you have a Banner up there Showing, You cannot earn another till
yours is gone.

Images must be hosted on the TreasureNet server.

Posts with great stories are more likely to be selected.
If the post is one of the members first posts, it is less likely to be selected.

Finds must look good in the banner.

Members campaigning for votes for themselves or others ruins threads.
Do Not Do IT !

New Members are not Eligible for banner . if your find & your membership are within 90 Days of each other, we reserve the right to say No. too soon.
we want to be sure Members are signing up here to share & not because someone told them If they sign up quick, They can get their find on our Banner. Sorry !

Find must be found by a current TNet individual, YOU.

Making matters worst, is nominating your own find for the banner.

We don't count the word "Banner" in a Post only the ones in Reports.

We prefer "Rare to the Banner Finds" not necessarily "Rare according to the Books"

If you see one like yours up there now, it is not rare to the banner

Please note * Originality is important ! If We don't think your Picture looks different then what is up there, we will No Longer Count Votes till new photos are supplied.

For all Future Banner Submissions

""Willingness to share information " will be added to the criteria.

This does not mean members need to I.d. their hunting Spot.

This means if questions on the Object found, including but not limited to extra photos of the object etc. are ignored. Banner will no longer be considered.

If you are proud of your find(s) Please Take a lot of Pictures to choose from !

Banner Recipients should show that much Appreciation to those who voted and not be Hit & run Members.

TreasureNet - Banner

------------ADDITIONAL----------------------
Attention Members Updated Rules for Banner Threads
Since seeing several Requests We are going back to the Old Way &

Since Members seem to mainly Vote for posts in Today's Finds .
Posts in Other Forums like Beach & Shallow Water, shipwrecks,
North American Indian Artifacts, gold prospecting , bottles etc. do Not require the Same numbers of votes. and may be bannered just by Moderator prerogative. to remind you they are there.

And as Marc would say; "Shake things up a Little"
laughing7.gif

I'm not here to start trouble either but posting youtube videos is nothing but clickbait as far as I'm concerned, regardless if it is embedded.
While I'm at it, we have a forum dedicated for videos also... Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Videos

re-check for addition . Members please do not Hijack Jebus 's thread any Farther .

thank ya Much :coffee2:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I just see it more as a fun hobby than an actual money making method.

Hey Man if it makes you happy ,GO FOR IT!
Nice Score.

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

re-check for addition . Members please do not Hijack Jebus 's thread any Farther .

thank ya Much :coffee2:

I wasn't trying to-I just wanted clarification for a comment that you made in his post. Again, not trying to make waves.

OP
OP
J

Jebus

Jan 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
How do you make the screen shots for the video with the pictures and words? I cant seem to figure how to do that on windows movie maker. I gotta use separate programs

I use Photoshop to make my thumbnails, and Movie Maker to edit them.

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't see what the fuss is all about. I don't DD but I remember finding a nice early photograph that someone put on the side of the street. I did post it in Today's finds http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/551737-mid-1800-s-photograph-notman-sandham-studio-my-non-detecting-find.html . I don't remember anyone telling me it didn't belong there.

How many times I read posts where people are excited to find 18th - 19th century dump sites...I know I am. And how many times you guys were judged by people for digging in the dirt for a copper coin or a button.... I know I was.

I agree with Scrappy, treasure is in the eye of the beholder. Let the guy do what he likes.

OP
OP
J

Jebus

Jan 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't see what the fuss is all about. I don't DD but I remember finding a nice early photograph that someone put on the side of the street. I did post it in Today's finds http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/551737-mid-1800-s-photograph-notman-sandham-studio-my-non-detecting-find.html . I don't remember anyone telling me it didn't belong there.

How many times I read posts where people are excited to find 18th - 19th century dump sites...I know I am. And how many times you guys were judged by people for digging in the dirt for a copper coin or a button.... I know I was.

I agree with Scrappy, treasure is in the eye of the beholder. Let the guy do what he likes.

Thank you man! Agreed! If you love what you're doing, and love what you're finding, then it's treasure to you!

CoinRoller

Tenderfoot
Dec 11, 2016
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FWIW, I don't need anyone to arbitrate on my behalf what I want to read or view. I dabble in metal detecting, coin rolling, and yes, dumpster diving. You made a great haul and were kind enough to share it. And I thank you :)

OP
OP
J

Jebus

Jan 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
FWIW, I don't need anyone to arbitrate on my behalf what I want to read or view. I dabble in metal detecting, coin rolling, and yes, dumpster diving. You made a great haul and were kind enough to share it. And I thank you :)

If only it was that simple for everyone else lol Thanks for the hospitality!

Jaysix

Dec 14, 2016
Portage, pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac (current)
Garrett At Pro (previous)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome haul. Its amazing what gets thrown out on a daily basis. Most of that stuff could have been donated to orphanages or something for kids who have nothing. Same thing happened when I delivered for a certain gas station/convience store chain. All the premade sandwiches and donuts were thrown in the dumpster at night (500+ stores in the chain). I asked them why they wouldnt give them to say a homeless shelter or even farms and they said that they made more money throwing it away and writing it off as a loss.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread