Best Give away Item you ever found.

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II 1000 Ace 250 Whites Prizm 3
I was wondering what your best give away item found is? Mine happened last summer I was driving up a side street heading to check on my bus when I saw a snow blower (thrower) and a push lawn mower they had a free sign on both so I talked to the owner about the s.b he said that it worked 2 years ago and it just needed a belt and since the city plows the side walk in front of his house he doesn't need it any more. If you live in the North you know that a snow blower is gold lol so I grabbed it I then asked about the push mower he told me that his son used it to mow the lawn but put to much oil in it and didn't know if it worked because it started spitting oil out of the muffeler. I thought what the heck if anything my 12 yro son can tear it apart and find the problem and if it's junk I'll scrap it. Well a couple of days ago I figured I'd try the mower out threw some gas in and gave it a couple of pulls and we were off yipee.
3.5 briggs and straton engine with a 20 inch cut runs great. I gave the snow blower to my dad because he likes to keep the lp tank open for the gas guy and I don't want him or my mom to stroke out shoveling it out. all we had to do was put a new belt on it since the old one was streched out. I have snow blower that is similar and paid 350.00 for it used.
HH-drewan

quaidmon

Apr 8, 2007
New Jersey
One of my customers asked me if I knew anybody that could use some .22 ammo. I said I have a .22 and she said take these boxes. The Colt was in the bottom box under a bag of misc. ammo.

Attachments

• DSC_0122.JPG
    DSC_0122.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 650
  • DSC_0124.JPG
    DSC_0124.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 658
  • DSC_0119.JPG
    DSC_0119.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 657
  • DSC_0122.JPG
    DSC_0122.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 648
  • DSC_0124.JPG
    DSC_0124.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 653
  • DSC_0119.JPG
    DSC_0119.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 632

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Well, you guys have me beat hands down..............but the freshest in my memory was just yesterday at a yardsale, I picked 2 broken .925 silver bracelets up off the table and asked the young, maybe 20 yr old girl, "How much for these?" I should mention that just a few seconds before I had overheard her mother tell her she was going to have to ask less for stuff if she wanted to sell anything, "after all, this is a yardsale, honey." Well, she looks at the heavier of the two bracelets and tells me I can have it for nothing, but the lighter one is silver so that one is 20 cents. The heavier bracelet she just gave me weighed in at just over 21 grams. So, about $22 worth of free silver and 20 cents for another 6 plus grams in the lighter bracelet. Hope you all are finding good stuff out there, free or cheap, it all works. T.

quaidmon

Apr 8, 2007
New Jersey
About a week after I got the Colt a different customer asked if I knew someone that wanted a pinball machine. So, I ended up with a 1970 Gottlieb Scuba 2 player machine. Good playfield but the backglass and cabinet are in rough condition.

OP
OP
drewan29

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
quaidmon said:
One of my customers asked me if I knew anybody that could use some .22 ammo. I said I have a .22 and she said take these boxes. The Colt was in the bottom box under a bag of misc. ammo.
Very nice heater there. :icon_thumleft:I think I would have had to go to the E.R. on that one LOL
Nice score.
drewan

OP
OP
drewan29

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Very nice scores for both of you. WTG. Nothing wrong with free silver or a pinball machine

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I know this doesn't really count but ever since I started telling people I am into coins and silver, family members have been giving me coins and silver for free out of the blue.

allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At a yard sale in the county the people was closing up
and had a pool table sitting there and I asked how much
and she said if you want it, take it.
I called a friend of mine with a truck and he came and we
loaded it up, the same day we sold it to his uncle for $100,
not bad for something I got for free.

OP
OP
drewan29

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
jerseyben said:
I know this doesn't really count but ever since I started telling people I am into coins and silver, family members have been giving me coins and silver for free out of the blue.
I wish my family was like that lol.

OP
OP
drewan29

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
allen said:
At a yard sale in the county the people was closing up
and had a pool table sitting there and I asked how much
and she said if you want it, take it.
I called a friend of mine with a truck and he came and we
loaded it up, the same day we sold it to his uncle for $100,
not bad for something I got for free.
That is pretty cool.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best give away that I can think of is a pair of Perkins signal lanterns that were in front of a house that was being demolished, one on each pedastal. I asked and they said take 'em. So I did.

100_4341.jpg

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
diggummup said:
My best give away that I can think of is a pair of Perkins signal lanterns that were in front of a house that was being demolished, one on each pedastal. I asked and they said take 'em. So I did.

Wow! Those are cool.

OP
OP
drewan29

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
diggummup said:
Very nice Digg I think I would have grabbed them also they look great.
drewan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread