Best hunt so far with XP Deus

vabuckhunter

Mar 14, 2011
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Hunted a house built in the 1820s on Saturday. The owner said it had been hit hard and had been hit by 2 different people in the last 2 months that didnt find anything. This yard is the most iron infested place I have ever hunted and took me 4 hours to hunt half of the front yard. Found 2 quarters, 4 mercs, 1 rosie, dateless buffalo, war nickel, 2 indians and countless wheats among the clad. I also found this button that I cant ID, any help would be appreciated. Up untill now I liked the Deus but now I love it.

Attachments

• IMG_7976.JPG
    IMG_7976.JPG
    327.5 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_7973.JPG
    IMG_7973.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 184
Upvote 7
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent hunt! That XP Deus seems to have great target separation. I wonder if anyone has done a head-to-head test on recovery with the AT Pro. My AT Pro and AT Gold can separate targets as close as 1/2 inch, perhaps better, but I'm very experienced with the machines. Just like to know since many people are using the Deus products.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
awesome finds, what setting are you using?

OP
OP
vabuckhunter

vabuckhunter

Mar 14, 2011
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
I used to own the AT Pro but never did a head to head. There's probably not enough difference in the separation to warrant the extra 1,000. If you get into the expert settings on the xp it can be tuned perfectly for any place you are hunting. I have not had it that long and I learn more and more every time I take it out.

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm not sure which military branch or date that button is, but it is definetly VERY neat and interesting. WTG pulling out the good stuff. Iron can be a pain for sure, but you sure overcame it. Nice.
HH

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sens 90, tx 3, gb tracking, reactivity 3, silencer 1, disc 8, frequency 7.8, iron volume 2

If its as iron infested as you say, then running GB on tracking ur missing a lot
And definitely drop ur TX power down to 2 or 1..You will pick up alot more..
Ps..Great hunt by the way..lol
George

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gosh, let me think back. When was the last time I found 7 silver coins in one hunt. Oh yes, it's coming back to me now..........NEVER!!!! Congratulations on an amazing day.

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would dropping tx help me pick up more?

Just remember that there is a reason for certain settings to be accessible for user adjustment, based on the conditions of your area. If it didn't help in a particular area, the setting would be maxed without the ability to change it.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Nice grouping you have there and I agree, I don't think I've ever found 7 silvers in one day. I would be spending much more time at that location! HH ALL

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding that many silvers during a single hunt is a wonder feat however, finding that many silvers in a previously-hunted,
iron-infested yard is a treasure in itself. With that dedication you have nothing to fear in your future hunts :notworthy:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Eight silver coins in one hunt is just spectacular. I have never found more than three in one day.... so, if add my three best hunts together, then I am in the game too! Congrats. GL&HH!

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would dropping tx help me pick up more?

look at it this way, the tx power is the strength the signal is going in the ground. And if there is alot of iron? Like you said, then the signal is hitting that and bouncing of it...If you throw something soft you have more accuracy. .
That said, its able to see more..
This is from my experience. If its real iron infested i would even drop the sens down.
I was just adding this because you said you dont have much experience with the deus. Its just another trick the deus can do..
George

OP
OP
vabuckhunter

vabuckhunter

Mar 14, 2011
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Silver Simon, I raised the tx power because my understanding of that function is it makes deeper target sound louder and hit harder? I would love to bump up the reactivity to 4 but to me that makes good signals sound iffy. I am just starting with this machine so any and all advice I can get is greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
vabuckhunter

vabuckhunter

Mar 14, 2011
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Thanks Vino, I have seen your finds so there is no doubt you know what your doing. Dropping the sense down will keep the machine from falsing on the nails?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread