Best items from my last couple of detecting trips

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These are the best items from my last couple of hunts. I forgot to photograph a shoe tap (my first) that I found, a broken cap gun and a neat ornate window latch that is made of brass.

The two Rosys were found on two separate detecting outings and the Morgan dollar was found today. It literally melted in a fire. It is a 1901 New Orleans mint dollar. A fairly old one, but unfortunately it is in bad shape. It is the first silver dollar I have dug.

The watch fob was found yesterday. I hope someone can give me further information on it. Both sides says "The Original" Pat Applied for. The center part where the chain attaches rotates.

20151202_180449.jpg 20151202_180539.jpg 20151202_180558.jpg 20151202_180458.jpg 20151202_132217.jpg

Upvote 17
OP
OP
Pointman

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Pointman

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For the Morgan I had to ignore all the shallow trash signals, and huge chunks of aluminum and pot metal and listen for the fainter tones. It was 6-7 inches deep and it had nails and junk next to it. My head was hurting from all of the sounds. I narrowed my search on the lower part of the yard even though it looked like it was backfield cause it was higher than the ground right next to the house. (I got this tip from reading Tom Dankowski's on "reading the land"). Reading the land has been one of the best tips I have received and it has increased my finds.

Here is another cool picture. It is the well that was next to the house. The dirt is built up the sides and spilling over the bricks. This told me that there is probably at least a foot of soil over the original ground in some of the places.

20151202_132238.jpg

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes!, you should see the front. It was a trashed out rental that is going to be torn down. I almost hate digging in Little Rock sometimes, cause of all the trashy yards and houses.

The place where I dug it is interesting. Directly across from the house is the interstate and on the other side is a place called MacArthur Park where Douglas MacArthur was born. It is an old arsenal dating before the Civil War and they found all kinds of relics in the ground. The neighbor told us the arsenal had encompassed the land where the house sits to include the frontage where the interstate is (built in the 60s-70s). There is no telling what is 12-18 inches below the yard. I know on the park grounds weapon parts, cannon friction igniters, lead balls and Enfield bullets have been dug up.

The day they scrape that ground that it stands on with the dozer,,,
I would be standing there waiting to detect if perm possible.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bitter-sweet.
You got BIG Silver crossed off the list.
Odds are the next one won't be fire damaged.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread