best MD for the $$$$$$$$$

Dec 1, 2007
I've been sitting on about $400 hta last few months. I've been looking to make a purchase of a durable good (I don't need alnother gun, so I ruled that out) and I'm seriously thinking of buying a new MD. I've been using my dad's White which is about 12 years old. As I recall he paid about $400 for it back then.

Any ideas on a what I should expect when looking for a new MD??? Any stores/brands to avoid? Any brands/stores I should give a serious look at?

Any experienced input would be greatly appriciated!

mlhudson

Mar 19, 2006
GADSDEN, ALA.
Detector(s) used
All White's Detectors MXT and IDX_pro, ANY OLD DETECTOR WILL DO
HERE'S WHAT WHAT YOU DO, GO TO REVEIWS TOPIC- SCAN OVER THE MANY
POST THAT ARE THERE ABOUT MID- RANGE MD'S, $ 400.00 COULD GET A FAIR
MARKET PRICE ON A MD @ SOUNDS LIKE G- bay . OR A STORE CALLED
KELLYCO ONLINE THEY HAVE MOST EVERYTHING YOU WOULD NEED. OR
LOOK IN THE " FOR SALE " SECTION HERE ON T - NET..OR YOU COULD JUST
GET A """"""" WHITE'S M X T e- series""""" but you would have to spend $ 300.00
more...

just make sure "you are happy " with what ever you get....

HAPPY HUNTING
KEEP DIGGIN

M L HUDSON

katzgalore

Greenie
Apr 10, 2008
The Garrett Ace 250 is the best out there right now for $212 or the Fisher F-2 although the mixed reviews make the F-2 sound problamatic right now. The Ace 250 does what most mid-range detectors do that have all the bells and whistles.
Katz :cat:

Jim-MI

Mar 28, 2005
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tejon
I just bought a Tesoro (Tejon) last Thursday and I absolutely love it. The Vequero looked and worked great too, it was around $400+

Happy hunting

Jim

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deerhunter,
If I can help you figure out which detector would be best for you. I would be more than happy to help!
KellycoChick

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
illinoisdeerhunter said:
I've been sitting on about $400 hta last few months. I've been looking to make a purchase of a durable good (I don't need alnother gun, so I ruled that out) and I'm seriously thinking of buying a new MD. I've been using my dad's White which is about 12 years old. As I recall he paid about $400 for it back then.

Any ideas on a what I should expect when looking for a new MD??? Any stores/brands to avoid? Any brands/stores I should give a serious look at?

Go to the Classifieds forum, For Sale, and check out my Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300. You can't do better for $165.

Silver Fox

Massbaycolonist

Apr 15, 2006
Massachusetts
illinoisdeerhunter said:

What will you be looking for? In what kind of environment? I have been reading lots of good things about the Fishers and the Tesoros. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread