Relic hunting season is almost over.

jsu

Nov 29, 2007
NE Georgia
Detector(s) used
EAGLE II, TIGERSHARK, COMPADRE , MXT
Well this is the time of year that I usually don`t like. It is going to start getting hot and time to get out of the woods (relic hunting and searching old homesites is my passion),but this year I have something to look forward to.I got a new water detector so maybe I can get excited about summer now.I am really excited about checking out swimming holes and looking for jewelry and old coins.Maybe I can find that diamond ring I promised my wife about two years ago,when I was trying to persuede her to let me get my MXT, LOL!!Well, good luck to everyone this summer, I can`t wait to see some of the rings and stuff everyone finds.HH.jeff

gregl01

Apr 19, 2005
land of the free-taxed to death
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Nokta Fors CoRe
Well, here in the northeast we can now START to go hunting again!! lol The snow is finally gone and now we need the rain to stop. Soon enough everything will be overgrown and not huntable so we have a very small window to pursue. Good luck with youre ring hunting, I usually find a gold ring about once every year. I may need to hit more beaches hmmm

Greg

SwampHunter

Mar 6, 2007
Samuel Watson's Old Place
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher 1265X, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
Most of our hunting is about over too. The winter wheat fields are too high to hunt and soon the woods will be full of insects. Farmers are getting ready to plant corn and milo. Once the corn and milo gets about 2 inches tall our season is over for a bit and it's time to do paper research until the wheat is cut and plowed under. Then we can hunt for a couple of weeks. I actually like the down time since I need lots of time to do paper research.

(())RandY(())

Mar 5, 2008
Tennessee
jsu said:
Well this is the time of year that I usually don`t like. It is going to start getting hot and time to get out of the woods (relic hunting and searching old homesites is my passion),but this year I have something to look forward to.I got a new water detector so maybe I can get excited about summer now.I am really excited about checking out swimming holes and looking for jewelry and old coins.Maybe I can find that diamond ring I promised my wife about two years ago,when I was trying to persuede her to let me get my MXT, LOL!!Well, good luck to everyone this summer, I can`t wait to see some of the rings and stuff everyone finds.HH.jeff
Yea im affraid of snake too :D

OP
OP
jsu

jsu

Nov 29, 2007
NE Georgia
Detector(s) used
EAGLE II, TIGERSHARK, COMPADRE , MXT
Its those dang mosquitoes that I don`t like.I must look like a ribeye steak to them because they eat me up!!! Don`t care for snakes or spiders either.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tick's, Spider's ,Snake's even Rabid Raccoon's couldn't hold me back from relic hunting....Dive into the briar's head first....It's a year round thing :thumbsup: HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions