fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Yeah, I remember it well, I had 'poison Ivy' every summer when I was younger working as a 'logger'.
I waded through it every day almost, so I couldn't get rid of it
until school started in the fall.

Fossis.............

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
fossis said:
Oh Yeah, I remember it well, I had 'poison Ivy' every summer when I was younger working as a 'logger'.
I waded through it every day almost, so I couldn't get rid of it
until school started in the fall.

Fossis.............
Ya know Fossis,I use to trap Beaver in the winter and I would get just a little bit on my wrist each year. No big deal. Then one day I was down in a friends timber cutting fire wood and brother did I get it big time. For years I was in that stuff fishing for Cats along the river,and never had any trouble.. .But now I don't get any closer then that picture that I took.
Van

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Ashleen said:
Van,
Nice shot :)
But, suddenly I've devloped an itch :) :) ???? :) :)
You don't need to touch it to start itching,Thad's for sure.Theres a new weed that's showing up in Iowa called Wild Parsnip,and they say it does a similar effect on a person.
Van

Capt Jack

Sep 30, 2007
Mount Dora, FL
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Van,
Great picture nice contrast
If I look at the water long enough it seems like it's moving.
Thanks this made my day I wanna go home.
6 days to R&R YEAHHHHHHHHH

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Crusty1 said:
Van,
Great picture nice contrast
If I look at the water long enough it seems like it's moving.
Thanks this made my day I wanna go home.
6 days to R&R YEAHHHHHHHHH
Have a ball on your R&R Crusty!!!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still makes a colorful pic. I understand the "sap" can still be active after the tree is cut & stored as firewood, then lift into your arms to bring indoors for a fire. Poison ivy/oak break outs in the dead of the winter. :o

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
River Rat said:
Still makes a colorful pic. I understand the "sap" can still be active after the tree is cut & stored as firewood, then lift into your arms to bring indoors for a fire. Poison ivy/oak break outs in the dead of the winter. :o
You are correct RR. Ive caught it running Beaver traps in dead winter,small break outs but still got it.
Van

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
nice pic. I was wondering if there is anyone else out there that has never had poison ivy? I know I have been in it several times but i have never gotten it.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
savant365 said:
nice pic. I was wondering if there is anyone else out there that has never had poison ivy? I know I have been in it several times but i have never gotten it.

be careful, just because you have been in it and not gotten it doesnt mean that you never will. i read somewhere that everyone is born immune to poison ivy. its only after you have gotten into it a few times that you develop the allergy to it. i was out in the woods this morning and that stuff was THICK! it seems to be really bad this year.

narragansett

Jun 14, 2007
Rhode island
Detector(s) used
None yet
savant365 said:

I wish I could say I never have had it. I get it really bad and try to stay very clear of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions