Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

I don't know if this is the right place for this subject :P so Jeff please move if you think not :icon_thumleft: this idea came to me after viewing sandcreek4 thread in My Daily Snapshot (back to posting pictures) I know there are a lot of competent Photographers on T. Net, plus everybody can take part in this thread :icon_thumleft:

So lets see your Best Pictures, it can be any subject you chose :icon_thumleft: I'll start with what I regard as mine, it's not one of my finds but somewere were me and the Wife went last year on a day out, Bolton Castle in the Yorkshire Dales, this is one of the places that housed Mary Queen of Scots during here incarceration, before she was Executed :o

SS :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• Bolton Castle.jpg
    Bolton Castle.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 2,549
  • Bolton Castle.jpg
    Bolton Castle.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 2,554
Upvote 0

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HISPAN said:
The first picture sums up all my metal detecting days... is where more hunt findings, is the site closest to my house and a special place, the background is the castle,the other pictures are of a very quiet nearby fields and rich in finds of all time, also are popular for me.
Greetings! :wink:
Hi Hispan, nice photos, the fields look just great to search. What is the item in the last photo?

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HISPAN said:
The first picture sums up all my metal detecting days... is where more hunt findings, is the site closest to my house and a special place, the background is the castle,the other pictures are of a very quiet nearby fields and rich in finds of all time, also are popular for me.

I agree, the detector against the spade is an iconic picture to anyone that detects. I've often wanted to catch the sun set between the invert 'V' (gap between the detector & spade) :icon_thumright:

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I could post a few photos here; got so many of them its hard to know which ones to post....

Here are a couple of the photos that I use to bring back old memories.

First two photos is from me on one of my searches in Serbia, in the winter of 2004..... the find is a roman wood drill used in the construction of the torn down fort in the area were searching.

Its 630 mm long, the width of the head is 65 mm and the mass is 1927 grams. I just loved searching there, found good iron objects there. Went a total of 4 times to Serbia, all in March or November.... COLD!
Last photo is the drill when it was cleaned up and preserved (by an archaeological company).

Attachments

• 2004 November, searching in Serbia.JPG
    2004 November, searching in Serbia.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 611
  • 2004 November, the find in the snow.jpg
    2004 November, the find in the snow.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 583
  • Roman Drill.jpg
    Roman Drill.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 587

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The next two photos are of memories in Holland. The first is a field near where I live in the spring, the other is looking out of my front window.

In the second group memories of South Africa (where my wife was born).

Attachments

• Tourist booth in Stellenbosch South Africa, a great town.JPG
    Tourist booth in Stellenbosch South Africa, a great town.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 581
  • The south coast of South Africa.jpg
    The south coast of South Africa.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 588
  • Heres looking out of my front window.jpg
    Heres looking out of my front window.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 598
  • Field near Hoorn where I live.jpg
    Field near Hoorn where I live.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 617

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOODY50 said:
I guess I could post a few photos here; got so many of them its hard to know which ones to post....

First two photos is from me on one of my searches in Serbia, in the winter of 2004..... the find is a roman wood drill used in the construction of the torn down fort in the area were searching.

Its 630 mm long, the width of the head is 65 mm and the mass is 1927 grams. I just loved searching there, found good iron objects there. Went a total of 4 times to Serbia, all in March or November.... COLD!
Last photo is the drill when it was cleaned up and preserved (by an archaeological company).

You are my indiana Jones of detecting, when I grow up I want to be just like you :hello2: :laughing7:

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And the last three photos are of the area where I grew up in the Antelope Valley, on a ranch in the Mojave Desert of Southern California. I still love that place and love to go back and walk around all my old areas.

Attachments

• Antelope Valley, Lake Elizabeth Valley_resize.jpg
    Antelope Valley, Lake Elizabeth Valley_resize.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 588
  • Poppies in back of our ranch.jpg
    Poppies in back of our ranch.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 570
  • Photo of Mount Baldy taken by my father in 1948 our ranch view.jpg
    Photo of Mount Baldy taken by my father in 1948 our ranch view.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 592

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOODY50 said:
And the last three photos are of the area where I grew up in the Antelope Valley, on a ranch in the Mojave Desert of Southern California. I still love that place and love to go back and walk around all my old areas.

that is pretty breath taking :o

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
WOODY50 said:

You are my indiana Jones of detecting, when I grow up I want to be just like you :hello2: :laughing7:

That's funny, I always thought when I grow up I wanted to be like you, searching almost every day would be wonderful. But I realize now that I have already grown up, sh--!

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
WOODY50 said:

Yea I know. You know after living here since 1971 people still ask me where I came from and when I say the Mojave desert of Southern California they always ask "What in he-- are you doing here". My answer is "Women". Been twice married to dutch girls and like it. Do miss the desert very very much, but so is life, you make choices and bear the results, Holland is not bad, but cool and wet instead of warm and dry. Oh well.... maybe in the next life...

The Antelope Valley is quite unique, it is about a hours drive to the snow, and a hours drive to the beach. And you are on a desert. This is an aerial photo of it.

As you can see its in the shape of a V. The V on the underside, that is the San Andres earthquake fault line. The top of the V is also some earthquake faults, but not so big. It sort of looks like a delta, like long ago the sea flowed into the valley, which could be true.

You see on the right side, on the open side of the V, the land is much lower, and that continues to Death Valley which is to the north. When the Sierra Nevada mountains were made the land on the east side dropped, and the mountains raised up. So way back then when the sea was much higher than now, if the sea broke through the point of the V the sea could have flowed for years into the low area.

Attachments

• our ranch about here.....jpg
    our ranch about here.....jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 565

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
WOODY50 said:
Yes I know. I just try to keep it all down in my mind. I guess really I would love to live there again, its not easy to keep the feelings down...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOODY50 said:
CRUSADER said:
WOODY50 said:
Yes I know. I just try to keep it all down in my mind. I guess really I would love to live there again, its not easy to keep the feelings down...

Its one of the reasons we do it, we love the outdoors

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the photos are great its good to see the World :icon_thumleft: i took a photo this year of one of my local beach's it,s the Northshore of Long Island looking East across from Conn. enjoy Dd60

Attachments

• 100_1011.jpg
    100_1011.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 554
OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:notworthy: :notworthy: :headbang:

Woody thanks for posting the Great pictures :notworthy: and for sharing with us your part of the World :icon_thumleft: both Old and New :notworthy:

Colin :icon_thumleft:

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
mine!!!!!! And as you know, they are all in Colorado :laughing7:

Attachments

• k 015.JPG
    k 015.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 559
  • k 051.JPG
    k 051.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 529
  • k 056.JPG
    k 056.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 551
OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HISPAN said:
:o :o :o

The Beautifull Hunting Grounds of The Master :notworthy: :notworthy:

SS

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I kinda liked this one I took last year when we camped at Rifle Falls, north of Rifle CO. Lower elevation on the western slope, so it was hot, up in the 90's. It looks cooler in this pic. This was when I figured out how to blur the water, too.

Attachments

• riflefalls.jpg
    riflefalls.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 509

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Ohhhh - Kay...How did you blur the water?

Historyhound

Nov 2, 2006
Schenectady New York
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Bennington Battle Monument Taken 8/7/10. Experienced vertigo for the first time in my life when I got off the elevator of the observation deck 200 feet up.

Attachments

• Benningtonmonumentstitch.jpg
    Benningtonmonumentstitch.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 444

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
Historyhound said:
Bennington Battle Monument Taken 8/7/10. Experienced vertigo for the first time in my life when I got off the elevator of the observation deck 200 feet up.

Is that pic a panorama or just a regular picture?

Historyhound

Nov 2, 2006
Schenectady New York
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
colorado14ers said:
Historyhound said:

Is that pic a panorama or just a regular picture?

Took three pictures, top to bottom, then my Zoom Browser EX program stitched them all together. You are too close, and it's way too tall to fit into a single frame.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread