Best place to sell this?

K

Kentucky Kache

relichunters said:
I have an expensive Native American artifact, Ebay won't accept it because I don't know what tribe it's from. I think craigslist is too personal and cheap, where else is there?

Get a book of dealers who pay top dollar for specific type stuff.

"Trash or Treasure. Guide the the best buyers" is one such book.

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
You have to know what tribe it is to sell it? None of the NA artifact listings I have seen on eBay even list the tribe. All I have seen just say "Kentucky, Missouri, Texas, North Carolina" ect... Haven't seen any "Cherokee, Comanche, Navajo, Creek, Choctaw" ect...

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
It asked me for a tribe and when I didn't select one, it denied my post.
The cost is expensive as it's worth alot.

Attached is pictures, it's an effigy, the size of a real human head, weighs 50 - 60 pounds, made of pure clay from a fire pit. There is lots of finger prints and marks inside from where it was made. Scary realistic.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 406
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 402
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 405
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 399
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 397
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 403
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 415
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 397
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 396
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 395

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has this piece been authenticated? :dontknow: That's the first step if you want to make any real money on it (or not depending). Authentication by an expert may also give a tribal attribution.

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
I keep contacting these people suggested but no one is interested. No one has asked me if it has been authenticated. Where would I go to get that?

F

Felinepeachy

Tom Davis does authentications but I don't know if he does so with that type of item. Have you called him?

S

stefen

At this moment you have a hand sculpted bust which may have been a High School art department project and can be relegated to being a door stop...on the other hand, you may truly have a rare native American relic...

Is it worth $5.00 or $5 million!

Sotheby's or any other reputable art auction house might provide authentication...in turn, they have the means and clientel to market the bust...

Besides, serious high end art collectors won't be tramping thru eBay...they will be using studio buyers, agents and auction listings as a source...

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
At this point I'd take $500 for it and get rid of it for all the trouble I am having selling it. But I will google sotheby's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread