Model 58 - Little Eagle

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
geeze $48 bucks for that thing...the short one in my area might be ok. (and it looks sturdy- tell me how it works out for you, because I want one!) - I would take that in the woods for a night hunt for sure- parks- I stick to the little 6 inch digger (lowes for $10) and hope the coins aren't so deep I can't recover them (has happened a few times.) I do have a little shovel from harbor freight that I got for $12 and it works good- but I almost never bring it to the park- just for one reason- people seem to be really ok with seeing someone with a digging tool (small) but when they see a shovel they might have this idea that you'd dig to china for a quarter. (I would also! :-\) it's just easier to keep the busy bodies off your back, but if your going at first light and that shovel is in your hands I'd bet it would be great at recovering interesting items... :laughing9:

DeadLizard7

Dec 16, 2004
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab 705
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been using the Predator Tools little eagle long handle for at least 4 years now and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I use it in parks, yards, etc. and never get any complaints. Just make sure to clean up after yourself and fill in your holes. It's also come in handy for stray dogs and punks thinking they have an easy target. George Lesche is also a very good person to deal with. The price is a little steep but its hand made in the USA and covered with a warranty. My 2 cents.

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't remember just how small the little eagle is. But, when I first looked at a Predator shovel on the computer monitor and saw how much, I was kind of skeptical. Then last year at the CTH hunt in Caldwell, KS I got to play with a Predator shovel. (Thanks Steve!) and the fact that the slot machine gods had once again been gracious, I had no more questions. I got home a promptly ordered one for my arsenal. I chose the long one with a small shovel end and a T shaped handle. No regrets. George and Pamela Lesche make some great stuff and back it up if you can break it.

I have already bought a second one as a gift for another TNET Member.

But I think that any kind of shovel type digger just might draw too much attention in a park setting. At least it would around here in KC. In the woods or a field, it would be the weapon of choice.

Good luck!

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread