doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
31" Sampson lesche shovel. Mine doesn't have any teeth on the sides. I have the belt holder for it but rarely need or use it. Just carry it in my other hand while swinging.
Haven't tried any other but heard that there are many out there like the predator tools shovels.

Since I mainly hunt the water. I o say stainless steel stealth scoop by Sunspot. Why waste money on a cheap POS. I only use a Sunspot that's guaranteed for life.

Last edited:
Lesche Sampson Pro is my favorite. Very sturdy and good leverage. Its not too heavy to hold while I walk and I just love how well its built. I have the T handle.

That Sand shovel looks very good for the beaches other then the Sunpro Gold Pro headphones I need to get this year I also need to get another Lesche added and the 31" Lesche Digging T-Handle tool looks just what I need with 5yr warranty, thinking without the serrated edges two if I can, I have heavy clay soil other then digging with serrated edges wondering the soil I pick out will be gumboed up? Or better to go the serrated edges?

Thanks for the reply backs on this.

Last edited:
I just bought my Piranha and it's the best shovel I've ever bought in my life. It cuts through roots and hard clay like butter. I will never use another shovel again in my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watched the video on the Piranha, the teeth cuts through roots is an added benefit and deeper for plugs to have as well, might come down to weight and my local distributor here in Canada then.

Thanks.

My favorite is my "Bully" spade. Heavy duty 14 gauge and made in the USA. Tough as hell, and I've pried plenty of 3' diameter boulders with it, chopped miles of roots, dug several hundreds of buckets of rock material with it, and chopped the heads off of a pack of wolves who tried to corner me on one outing.
I have a perfect little Black & Decker 26" shovel that I've put through a little hell over the past few years that has thus far done right by me. It's super light, but pretty darned strong. The Bully is a heavy duty beast.The B&W isn't even noticeable in my pack.

That bully one you mean the shorter "trunk shovel" version? Says 14 gage and limited lifetime guarantee.
And only $18!! Lol
May get it as a backup.

Last edited:
That's the one. Heavy, thick steel. I've got that one and the flat one, as well.

Just watched the video on the Piranha, the teeth cuts through roots is an added benefit and deeper for plugs to have as well, might come down to weight and my local distributor here in Canada then.

Thanks.

It's not heavy and just ordered online and wrap it up. Trust me Moe if the tech in the so much easier when you don't have a good shovel you got a great shovel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grave digger shovels, built like a tank. A little heavy but it will be the last shovel you buy.

I have two shovels.... Piranha and the Raven both from Predator tools excellent product...will last you a lifetime.

I recently bought the Lesche all purpose, it's appx 2' long. I am throwing out all my other shovels, best $50 bucks I ever spent.

I use a Piranha with the rubber foot pads for woods and open areas I can dig. Otherwise, the Raptor-25C is my main digger for sensitive areas like parks, sports complexes or any place eyes are upon me.

I like both the Predator Tools Piranha and Ranger. Currently, I'm using both the D-handled Ranger and Big Red. The Big Red is for when I want to move massive amounts of dirt real quick-like. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back