zoomsszoom

Greenie
Mar 5, 2014
Cheektowaga, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've mostly searched pennies, but with my tax refunds I decided I could step it up. I went to the bank today to order a box of halves and my teller was quite excited to see me. She said a lady brought in about $180 in rolled change and after she left they cracked a roll and found some 1950s dimes. I told her I'd take it all. Unfortunately no pennies, just dimes, nickels and quarters. While sitting in my car I opened a roll and found 27 silver dimes! I ended up with just over 100 silver dimes, 30 silver quarters and a 1981 proof quarter. I think I'm gona bring my teller a gift card for coffee next time! Don't mind my dirty tablecloth in the picture. I spilled some coffee in all the excitement.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    411.3 KB · Views: 154
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    567.3 KB · Views: 169
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    449.4 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    705.8 KB · Views: 156
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    497.4 KB · Views: 166

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Great score and a great teller! I'd sure say that teller has earned herself a gift card. I woulda been excited too to find a nice score like that! :thumbsup:

H$H!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
very nice score!... maybe the old lady will return w/ more

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've mostly searched pennies, but with my tax refunds I decided I could step it up. I went to the bank today to order a box of halves and my teller was quite excited to see me. She said a lady brought in about $180 in rolled change and after she left they cracked a roll and found some 1950s dimes. I told her I'd take it all. Unfortunately no pennies, just dimes, nickels and quarters. While sitting in my car I opened a roll and found 27 silver dimes! I ended up with just over 100 silver dimes, 30 silver quarters and a 1981 proof quarter. I think I'm gona bring my teller a gift card for coffee next time! Don't mind my dirty tablecloth in the picture. I spilled some coffee in all the excitement.

Wish I had tellers like that. The ones I get can't even properly count the rolls or understand what I'm asking for. Jeez :dontknow:

Silverslug

Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet finds. That's the kind of find we're always hoping for. It pays to be friendly with the tellers. That's something I need to work on more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread