Best small coil for the VX3

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
5.3 concentric was awesome when I used it on mine. The 4x6dd is a trash sifter too. Won't go wrong with either.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I have the 5.3... works like a charm

Wayfarer

Dec 7, 2005
Western Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's: V3i, MXT, XL Pro
(In the past: White's: VX3, DFX, XLT, 6000 Di Pro SL, Coinmaster 2DB --- Minelab CTX 3030, Equinox 800)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everybody with the 5.3 says it's great. Everybody with the 4x6 say it's great too. I'm sure they are both great coils. Anybody with both who can honestly compare the two?

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Its the same old story ... Concentric vs. dd... Consider that ... And you should answer your question as for which is better for your need

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my opinion i would go with the dd coil. I have the 6x10 on my vx3. I am thinking about getting the 4x6.

Phillip_in_NM

Jul 15, 2006
Land of Enchantment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's M6, Nokta Legend, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its the same old story ... Concentric vs. dd... Consider that ... And you should answer your question as for which is better for your need

I have both and Norbyx is basically right. For parks, I prefer the 5.3 because it IDs bottle caps better. For the ghost towns I prefer the 4x6. Both are great coils!

gabbyhayes

Feb 9, 2014
Sask.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 AT PRO GTI 2500
V3i SURF PI PRO
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have both and they are very similar.Pinpointing more precise on the 5.3 but either coil works very well in trash. The 5.3 might have slightly more depth, but probably depends on the mineralization as much as the coil.
I use the 4x6 more cause it feels lighter.

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever since I started using the DD coils (it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks) I've been spoiled. I doubt I'll ever start using concentric coils again because the DD's in my opinion are just so much better. I don't have a 5.3 and doubt I'll get one, I know a guy who always swore by his 5.3 on his M6 until he bought him a 4x6, I haven't see him with the 5.3 on his detector since.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread