Best surprise ever!!!!!

MoneyBags

Apr 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I just went to see my uncle a few weeks ago, and i started to tell him about my coins im collecting and he showed me some of his coins.He told me he had a bucket full of wheat pennies and I was amazed. He also told me he had a 1955 double die penny which is valued at $1000+. He told me he was going to give me an indian head penny which is my first one ever, and a 1943 steel one. I just went to the mailbox tonight and opened the package expecting 2 pennies a indian head and a 1943 steel one but to my surprise I found 20 pennies 1 of them the indian head ones, 2 of them steel 1943 and 1943 S, and the other 17 were various dated wheat pennies so now I have 30 wheat pennies and my first indian head!!!!!!!

Wheat pennies (The whitish 2 are the steel ones)
iz8u8y9XSUE2U.JPG

Indian Head front:
irYl6dHpEnOCD.JPG

Indian Head back:
ibtjvOBD2dmAbC.JPG

Thanks for reading!!!!!!

MoneyBags!

Upvote 0

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One day you'll have enough coins to be the uncle that gives coins away

jarlbartar

Jan 3, 2012
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One day you'll have enough coins to be the uncle that gives coins away

That's what I'm looking forward to! I have 3 girls, and only 1 of them is "kinda" interested in coin collecting. But I do have a 7 year old nephew, and I will show him the ways of the force...

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice. I have not seen an Indian head in the wild since I was a kid with a paper route.

Rascal

CRHQueen

Jun 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It takes time.. my dad and Grandpa raised me around coins and it wasn't until recently that I have gone coin crazy! I think both would be proud of my "small" collection now.

That's what I'm looking forward to! I have 3 girls, and only 1 of them is "kinda" interested in coin collecting. But I do have a 7 year old nephew, and I will show him the ways of the force...

OP
OP
M

MoneyBags

Apr 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice. I have not seen an Indian head in the wild since I was a kid with a paper route.

Rascal

that is where he got most of his coins, and from pay phone change one of his buddys owned one.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like that IHC has some verdigis on it. Better remove it before it eats the coin. Verdi-care can be purchased at Wizard Coin Supply and wll remove it without damaging the coin. Just
follow the instructions and you will have a properly conserved IHC with no verdigis... Make sure to use the microfiber towels when wiping it off.

Good Luck and nice collection..:occasion14:

OP
OP
M

MoneyBags

Apr 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like that IHC has some verdigis on it. Better remove it before it eats the coin. Verdi-care can be purchased at Wizard Coin Supply and wll remove it without damaging the coin. Just
follow the instructions and you will have a properly conserved IHC with no verdigis... Make sure to use the microfiber towels when wiping it off.

Good Luck and nice collection..:occasion14:

thanks! sorry for the newbie question but what is IHC? Indian Head Coin by chance???

also what about this?

http://reviews.ebay.com/How-to-Remove-Verdigris-From-Coins?ugid=10000000017991989

Last edited:

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
I can send a care package of wheats your way if you're interested, free of charge for the kids. Maybe $5 or so face, I've got hundreds of dollars worth in wheats laying around here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread