Liquor store says they have halves.

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
A while back I asked the manager of liquor store across the street from my house to start saving half dollars for me. I went in today and the cashier said that the have saved about 10 bucks worth but they can't get them until the manager shows up. They told me he would be back at about 8:30 (california time) so in about an hour I'm going to head over there and pick them up. I've already been waiting for about 3 hours....the anticipation is killing me! I will post the results if I find anything good. I'm currently ony my longest skunk streek ever (around 2 months give or take a week). I'll be completly happy if I only score a single 40%er at this point. Wish me luck!

Upvote 0

Sleazyj

Mar 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is a great idea. Too bad the state owns liquor stores here, and I'm under 21

OP
OP
red89

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
Well....I went and picked them up. He had $8 total in a wrapper, I gave him 8 bucks, he handed them to me and said, "There's no good ones though, my brother looked through them first." Culled by the liquor stores manager's brother....my skunk streek continues.

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once dumped $1000 at a BoA branch and the tellers there were not annoyed at all because they told me that they would not need to order halves for the ABC store in town for weeks. At another town the teller asked me to bring back the halves after I looked through them because there was a store in town always use them. Go figure!

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
What they are telling you may b e the truth, but may not be. I tell the tellers at my pick up banks that I use them for customers and give them out. IN reality, they go right into the next bank's coin counter if they are clad. But my pick up bank saves them for me, thinking I too use them in my store (Which I don't even own). they just don't know anything else. SOmeone may be posing as an ABC store owner to get their banks to save the haves for them. A smart move, except when he gets your dumps. :-)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
booze and dope heads ( smokers and hard core non stop gamblers too) ---when the "monkey" climbs on their back will use their last silver dime to get high and to stop the "monkey" from beating them in the head with his "hammer"--- when the "need" strikes any and all family savings of silver / gold no matter who it belongs to are fair game when they start "jonesing" -- which is why most familys force "kinfolk" junkies out of their homes * to stop the stealing / selliing off of everything of value within the home .

Last edited:

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I will let you in on what I do in my town, I have visited the local little gas stations and stores in my town and some of them are run by Indians, they do not care for any other denomination ( ie- halves, 2 dollar bills and such) of money other than regular currency that we use so I visit them once a week to find what people have brought in and they have saved for me. I have received a few 40% halves this way and old 2 dollar bills too. When when low lives, drunks, and theives get money from were ever, they allways seem to go and by beer, alcohol, or smokes at one of these little stores. So if you have any Indian run stores in your area, you should ask them if you can by any ( funny money as I say to them) that they don't want. They don't like the half dollars at all(no place in their drawer for them. Good luck, HH. Maverick.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Well....I went and picked them up. He had $8 total in a wrapper, I gave him 8 bucks, he handed them to me and said, "There's no good ones though, my brother looked through them first."

I sometimes ask for halves and a Beer & Wine store. The person said that his son collects, and he said that he once had a Franklin in his tray (culled by his son). I still ask, in case his son didn't look through them yet, or in the hopes of getting a foreign coin I need for my collection.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heh, guess you might just have to buy something with half dollars from the liquor store, give the brother some more searches ;)
drink responsibly my friend ...
HH
Buff

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
booze and dope heads ( smokers and hard core non stop gamblers too) ---when the "monkey" climbs on their back will use their last silver dime to get high and to stop the "monkey" from beating them in the head with his "hammer"--- when the "need" strikes any and all family savings of silver / gold no matter who it belongs to are fair game when they start "jonesing" -- which is why most familys force "kinfolk" junkies out of their homes * to stop the stealing / selliing off of everything of value within the home .

what are they thinking, they should get full value out of their collections instead of face, which equals way more drugs and booze!

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I have setups at three out of the 5 gas stations in town, the family dollar, the ice cream shop, mcdonalds, and the grocery store. I thank my dad for knowing lots of people (: I've gotten alot of AG, buffalos, ikes, and a V Nickel

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread