Southeast Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E trac - Irish
White's TRX
White's M6 (SOLD)
White's V3i (SOLD)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm currently in the market for a new coil for my M6. I have the Eclipse 9.5" and the 4"x6" shooter... I'm in the market for a "deeper" searcher. I'm not too keen on different brands of coils for my White's, so with that being said, I'm not very knowledgable on different brands. What are you guys recommendations?

Life's a Garden... Dig It.

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've heard the 10" D2 coil goes deep on the MXT. I've gotten dimes at 11" with it on my V3i. I would think it would be pretty damn good on the M6.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The two popular choices would be Whites D2 and SEF 10x12. I had the D2 and it was a fine coil. A bit susceptible to emi but a fine coil. I hear really good things about the SEF. Not as susceptible to emi and also understand it runs smoother with better ID and may be the deeper of the two.

cadman20

Aug 4, 2010
D2 or SEF 10x12? I have both and would say they have performed about the same for me. On cost the SEF 10x12 wins.

Another coil you might look at is the Detech 13" Ultimate, haven't used one on a Whites yet, but have one on a Tek T2 and am impressed with it, good depth and separation.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The detech 13" DD coil works good on the MXT, it hits harder on those deep coins that are sitting on edge as well. The D2 will still pick up those deep coins on edge but they don't sound good enough to dig a lot of times as they sound like they could be deep trash but the detech 13" coil gets just enough better tone to make you dig them. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread