Better Late Than Never!

Mescalero1

Greenie
Jun 26, 2020
San Fernando Valley
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. I joined last year but have been so busy I finally came back around to showing up. Been in the entertainment industry for years, also spent many years as a touring guitarist. My love has always been lost treasures. When I was 7, I was taken up to the Superstions by my mom. My sister and I were sitting on a rock with a crack. I looked in the crack and there was this old piece of hose. I wanted to see why it was in there so I grabbed a stick and started poking it. The hose came alive, it was a Gila monster and jumped out at us. After that, I knew I belonged there :laughing7:

I have known a lot of people with my time in music. One I had the great pleasure of knowing was Warren Jones. For those who don't know him, he started the Venice Lapidary Guild. This guy was like Indiana Jones, an amazing nose for gems and minerals. He showed me a pic once of him, some guys in suits and a bunch of federales. They were at some entrance to a mine and their feet were on these boulders. It was quartz and gold impregnated rock. He found this place of course for the Mexican Government. Before Warren died, he wanted me to hook up with one of the Venice guys (Mike Avina) and go to a location in the state of Guerrero. He outlined exactly where to go. He said it was the richest silver mine he had known of. The entrance was under the pulpit of an old Spanish mission. The locals prevented everyone from getting in there. He was going to contact the Mexican government and let us be a liaison between the villagers and the government for a percentage. He ended up dying of cancer before he could take care of it.

He always pushed me to go after these lost treasures as there was some validity to a lot of them. Now that I am considering retirement, I think I just might go back to home in Tucson and start looking around!

Thanks for having me!

DirtManicure

Greenie
Apr 26, 2021
Orange County CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Why wait til Tucson, Mescalero?
There’s plenty in SFV to be found, including more of that gold and quartz mess, usually has some green in with it. And fossils just about anywhere you look, silver, copper, tourmaline, garnet, chrysocolla, turquoise, agates all over, artifacts (but don’t go hunting those to sell, that’s our ancestry and already too much is lost for good.)
All ya gotta do is find a field and start poking things. Eventually one will be interesting! Preferably it won’t have teeth though... a tarantula wanted to fight me for a seashell a couple weeks ago, she won. If you ever need ideas for spots to hunt hit me up; OC now, grew up in AV, so I’m pretty familiar with the area!
RJ*

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Back! If you haven't already - take a look at Forum: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome back! :wave:

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome to Tnet .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ... ... :hello:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-):cat::occasion14::headbang:

claypile

Mar 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great idea. No place to hunt best but home. See you around!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum!

Have a great season of hunting!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome back! Great story. I wish you the best of luck out there. BTW, I’ve had GAS all my life concerning guitars. From being a luthier and building my own archtop to buying some iconic guitars (at least to me). The latest gassing has been for Gretsch guitars.
Here’s a picture of one of the latest acquisitions. Or two...
3D325543-DCCA-4C97-98DA-0535CEA26E80.jpeg
0B430352-0F19-466C-9E86-96961DD9096A.jpeg

Last edited:

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@ Rusty OMG I’m drooling. Nice guitars!!! I’ve bought and sold several over the years. Only have a couple Martins left. Keepers for me.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Anyone need a singing drummer? }) Actually, I've got a group. Well, just me, bass and guitar. Power trio is what it's called...

Welcome aboard and GOOD LUCK OUT THAR!

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum from the state of Oregon! Good luck with your future hunts! Look forward to your future posts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread