Better than halves

TheProf

Nov 13, 2009
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 White's Spectrum Vibra-Probe 580 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got to the bank today and picked up a box of dimes. 5 rosey's in the box and for the 2nd time 2 in one roll! Also got a 2009 Five Pence. I have had 5 skunks on halves in a row. Seem to hit atleast 2 silver every dime box, how are halves better? Dimes are alot easier to dump also.

Attachments

• treasure 057.jpg
    treasure 057.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 359
Upvote 0

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
some areas halves are better. but feel the same i think dimes are a ton better and dumping is so normal and easy. very nice. but for me 1 dime per box would not pay and that is all i have gotten.

would never imagine 2 dimes in 1 roll or even in one box... very nice

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Prof, I will be the first to say that roll hunting dimes is a blast! I don't do it much anymore because I now buy 'em it's cheaper for me that way. Boxes of halves in my area don't produce, and I haven't searched a box yet this year. I have searched 4 times more $ in dimes this year than I have halves, yet my half finds have produced twice the value of the dimes. I've searched over 50 boxes of dimes this year, and have only bought hand-rolled halves and have scored a couple solid silver rolls. Less time, less effort. ffd

Steve L.

Oct 11, 2008
Vienna, ME
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prof,
Congratulations.
I prefer halves, even though as d2arcing suggests, they are harder to dump. When you are getting good results with halves, they just give so much more of a "silver-rush." Hard to beat that feeling.
When I begin to have bad streaks with halves, I do pull dimes, nickles, and cents/pennies. The best I've gotten from dimes is two in a box, but Ive done a lot of boxes of dimes that were skunks. d2arcing is spot on about the area being an important consideration.
Surprisingly, nickles have been as good to me as dimes. I love pulling those war-nickles.
Best of luck,
Steve

gtfan76

Jun 24, 2010
if you want to find more dimes i say you should get customer wrapped rolls. instead of boxes because i average about 1.5 silver dimes per hundred dollars of dimes

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not pay fees for dumping halves or dimes. Dimes are harder when opening the roll than halves due to the size.
My hands get tired.

and it is true. Ones dime per box is not alot but still exiting.

DW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread