Upvote 12

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
My coil wire is broken so I am reduced to using my sniper coil... at least I know it works !
When I feel like im going nowhere with my 6" concentic, really can only go 3" forward at a time, and just before I yell out in frustration, I'll go ahead about twenty feet from where I am and detect back towards that spot. That way I feel im moving around more than I actually am. 😆
Those little coils are great at times but they frustrate the daylights outa me.
Good on you persevering.

OP
OP
Digginitdaily

Digginitdaily

Apr 24, 2023
When I feel like im going nowhere with my 6" concentic, really can only go 3" forward at a time, and just before I yell out in frustration, I'll go ahead about twenty feet from where I am and detect back towards that spot. That way I feel im moving around more than I actually am. 😆
Those little coils are great at times but they frustrate the daylights outa me.
Good on you persevering.
It's frustrating because if the coil is not angled parallel exactly it either hits different tones or misses completely. It is a concentric coil after all but I usually try to solve the problem by leaving the screw holding the coil to the shaft loose and letting it flow on top of the ground. But I also go over the same area in different directions. I get pretty good depth with it too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread