Beware

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
'**WARNING FROM POLICE*****BEWARE OF PAPER ON THE BACK WINDOW OF YOUR VEHICLE-- NEW WAY TO DO CARJACKINGS (NOT A JOKE)'***

Heads up everyone! Please,keep this circulating... You walk across the parking lot, unlock your car and get inside. You start the engine and shift into Reverse.

When you look into there rearview mirror to back out of your parking space, you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window. So, you shift into Park, unlock your doors, and jump out of your car to remove that paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view. When you reach the back of your car, that is when the carjackers appear out of nowhere, jump your car and take off. They practically mow you down as they speed off in your car.

And guess what, ladies? I bet your purse is still in the car. So now the carjacker has your car, your home address, your money, and your keys. Your home and your whole identity are now compromised!

**BEWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED.***

If you see a piece of paper stuck to your back window, just drive away. Remove the paper later. And be thankful that you read this e-mail. I hope you will. Forward this to friends and family, especially to women. A purse contains all kinds of p ersonal i nformation and identification documents, and you certainly do NOT want this to fall in to the wrong hands.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Again, the reminders.

1. Be aware of your surroundings. People walking toward you, look them straight in the face. Most will ignore you or say Hello. Acknowledge them, but keep your eyes on the parking lot and vehicles.

2. As SOON as you get in your car, hit the 'Lock all doors' button.

3. Don't forget to check your backseat when you get in. (Mine is usually so full of 'garbage,' I can't imagine anybody trying to hide back there, but they do.)

4. Carry a cell phone at all times. Make sure it's turned ON.

5. I never carry a "purse." That's an invite. My wallet stays hidden in my vehicle, and I take my ID, a check folded in half, and a credit card with me when I go shopping. Nothing in my hands to grab. Nothing in my cart to grab.

Noodle

Findone

Jan 20, 2006
COPE SOUTH CAROLINA
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT and Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this kind of thing isn't a wide spread crime, spreading it around, sure gives the crooks, another idea how to complete their mission.
I carry everywhere (yes even to church) I go, so if they want my car, or anything else that I own, they can give it a try. I worked to hard, to let anyone take MY property, or mine, or my loved ones life. Mr. Ruger, and I will defend to the death if necessary.
Let the comments begin.
Leon

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Knew that was A Urban Legend the Moment I read the
First sentence. & then saw "Please,keep this circulating" :D

noodle said People walking toward you, look them straight in the face. Most will ignore you or say Hello.

I always Do that out of Curtesy Smile & say hi
Even if they were a crack Head I'd do it.
Not that I could Tell a Crackhead from an off duty Cop, priest, or
politician. :P

Although the Cop might Give a dirty look,
the Crackhead may Smile & say hi
the Politician might try & sell me something
& the priest may run away Signing the cross & saying something in Latin

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
I dunno about that one...

If my X whacked you w her bag you were most likely going to your knees! seein' stars an everything!
She didn't need a weapon other than that bag!
Whew!

rmptr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions